At Sydney Airport (SYD), our vision is to ‘make Sydney proud everyday’. We are Australia’s busiest airport and one of the country’s most important pieces of infrastructure.
- Always do the right thing
- Have each other’s back
- Do what you say
- Think like our customer
Working at the Airport
To be successful at the Airport you will thrive working in a dynamic, complex and fast paced environment. You are flexible and adaptable, willing to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to deliver a world class customer experience. You will foster a continual improvement mindset, constantly striving for excellence in all that you do.
You will enjoy the breadth and variety your role offers, evolving your skills and knowledge along the way. You don’t get hung up about hierarchy and believe that working cross functionally and collaboratively delivers the best overall business outcome. You treat others with respect, consider multiple options and perspectives, and communicate clearly and with impact.
What’s on Offer?
As an integral member of the SYD Corporate Affairs team, you will take a leading role in delivering a unified, strategic marketing program for the Airport. Importantly, this opportunity also exists to drive successful commercial outcomes for Sydney Airport’s aeronautical, retail, and property partners, recognising that we share in our partners’ success.
Reporting to the Head of Media and Communications, you will develop a marketing “centre of excellence” delivering strategic and creative marketing initiatives and campaigns in support of Sydney Airport’s business objectives. As the custodian and “brand champion” for Sydney Airport, you will ensure the brand experience for passengers, visitors, airlines, and partners is vibrant, consistent, and in line with strategic ambition.
You are defined as someone with a high level of integrity, collaboration, and absolutely brimming with innovative thinking and creative ideas. Appropriately tertiary qualified, you have evolved stakeholder engagement experience allied with strong problem-solving skills and a business partnering approach.
- Develop an integrated marketing plan for Sydney Airport, one that drives a return for the Airport’s aviation and parking, property, and retail businesses
- Develop and manage both traditional and digital marketing campaigns to drive revenue generation across the airport’s commercial (non-aviation) businesses
- Manage the Airport’s retail promotional fund, leveraging it to deliver a direct return for the airport’s retail tenants
- In collaboration with the airport’s aviation business development team, deliver strategic marketing campaigns to promote new and existing airline services with the goal of increasing airline passenger numbers, load factors, and route profitability
This key role presents as an opportunity for the motivated individual to contribute and collaborate cross-functionally, driving engaging campaigns that are emotive, innovative, and with an impact on profitability and strategic goals. Sound like you? You are invited to apply immediately!
The benefits of working with us
You will benefit from SYD’s commitment to developing initiatives that make the airport a great place to work in relation to organisational culture, working flexibly, leadership, learning and development, employee health, safety and well-being.
Our Employer of Choice Award is testament to SYD’s dedicated and diverse people, who together make us a collaborative and progressive place to work.