Fulbright University Vietnam
Position Title: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full-time
Help us reimagine the University.
We are Fulbright University Vietnam (“Fulbright”), Vietnam’s first independent, non-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world. We believe in the power of collaboration, transdisciplinary thinking, and risk-taking, and we understand that effective education requires putting students at its center. Globally integrated but deeply embedded in Vietnamese society, Fulbright is dedicated to providing a world-class education, utilizing the latest advancements in institutional design, teaching, learning, technology, and other fields to create an institution that is both innovative and globally relevant. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.
Our flagship campus will be located in Saigon Hi-Tech Park, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 9). Until phase 1 of campus construction is completed, we are located at Crescent Plaza, Tan Phu, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 7).
The Senior Talent Acquisition Officer drives talent acquisition initiatives (covering recruitment, selection and employer branding) that align recruitment needs to strategy and support the achievement of the business objectives.
You will be expected to manage recruitment projects, streamline work processes, tap into networks and introduce innovative recruitment methods.
You are also responsible for coordinating onboarding program, assisting with HRIS implementation and other special HR projects to support workplace diversity and build employee commitment.
Under supervision, the Events and Communications Intern assists in the furthering of the mission and focus of the Student Engagement unit and contributes to the short- and long-term goals of the Student Life department and its programs. This role supports the communication and implementation programs which include the development, organization, execution, and assessment of the Student Orientation events and new initiatives for first-year students.
- Reports operationally to: Human Resources Director
- Reports functionally (where applicable) to: N/A
- List by title positions which report directly to this position: HR Assistant
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer includes but is not limited to:
- Managing full cycle of recruitment process from recruitment approval, advertising, sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection and onboarding.
- Assisting hiring managers in designing job descriptions and interview questions when required.
- Developing and executing strategies to source and select active and passive candidates.
- Fostering long-term relationships with past applicants; establishing and tapping candidate networks, to research and sourcing of potential candidates.
- Proactively getting involved in faculty recruitment through organizing applications, scheduling interviews and working to support academic affairs teams with hiring process..
- Operating Applicant Tracking System effectively.
- Preparing various periodic statistical and analysis reports in relation to recruitment activity and identifying areas of improvement.
- Reviewing and proposing changes to enhance efficiency of the whole process on a regular basis.
- Actively implementing employer branding initiatives to elevate Fulbright profile among job seekers and referral sources.
- Creating and implementing a robust onboarding process, engaging new hires from the start, helping them settle down.
- Collaborating with Organizational Development team to work on initiatives that contribute to employee engagement and staff retention.
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism in all situations.
- Participating in general HR activities and participating in employee engagement activities and projects as and when assigned by HRD.
- Providing recommendations to improve HR services from time to time.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explore new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; help others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned to the Employee by the Company which may be adjusted from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Talent Acquisition function, preferably in higher education environment or multinational companies.
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks.
- Strong proficiency of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and HR systems.
- Excellent understanding of the Vietnam Labor Code with ability to interpret (where necessary) to address business needs.
- Excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service approach and ability to engage, support and work collaboratively with managers and stakeholders at all levels internally and externally in multicultural settings.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong project management and commitment to continuous improvement in work processes, to ensure quality outcomes.
What we offer
- Opportunity to be one of passionate team members who share the same belief in the transformative power of education and see the unique opportunity in creating a new university.
- A full network of supportive colleagues.
- A dynamic, innovative, and professional working environment.
- An intensive English-speaking environment.
- Monthly internship allowance
- Opportunities to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other fun activities at Fulbright.
How to apply
- To see all job listings, please visit our list of vacancies: https://fulbright.edu.vn/join-us/
- All applications must include evidence that addresses the mandatory requirements.
- Fulbright University Vietnam employs Interfolio to manage the application process.
- Need help? Please visit Interfolio Product Help: https://product-help.interfolio.com/m/27438 or contact Talent Acquisition team at: email@example.com