Abyss Solutions Ltd
At Abyss, our mission is to create innovative AI and robotics solutions, removing the need to put people at risk in dangerous jobs. From deep-sea rovers to our recent Moon to Mars Australian Government grant, and emerging technology in Agriculture, there is no challenge that Abyss will shy away from.
A global team collaborating across Australia, America, and Pakistan consists of passionate problem solvers who love working on cutting-edge technology while maintaining focus on environmental impact, safety, and cost.
You’ll get to work on complex challenges with a team of experts in software engineering, machine learning, data processing, and robotics.
In short, you’ll get to work with some absolute LEGENDS, have fun, and get to work on cutting-edge software, in a company that is rapidly growing and has a REAL impact on the world, not just pushing numbers around.
This is a hands-on leadership UX and UI role that can take designs through to implementation in code in collaboration with product management and work closely with customers (internal and external) to deliver amazing software to our clients. This role involves someone with a creative flair, strong opinions on best practices, and backed with a scientific and evidence-driven approach to UX and UI design. You will be working closely with our frontend teams, product management and marketing teams to ensure that the visual brand language is built up from first principles.
You’ll be working closely with a group of experienced software engineers, machine learning specialists, and robotics experts, to drive an intuitive user experience and delightful user interface that assists users in interacting with and digesting complex data and insights.
About the Job
- Work closely with Product Management and customers to design an intuitive user experience
- To take ownership of the visual design and brand language of all applications
- Work closely with our research and data processing teams to work out the best way to visualise data
- Create prototypes, storyboards, and visual mockups to ensure end-users are engaged with the design process before development
- Contribute heavily to the product roadmap
Skills and Requirements
- Proven experience with and passion for UI and UX design
- Proven experience with and passion for Data Visualisation
- UX storyboarding and UI design
- HTML, CSS
- Visual Animation
- Prototyping, Wireframing
- Web design
- Visual Communication and brand language
- Experience with React web applications
- Self-driven, strong initiative, good time management skills
- Experience with 3D software
- Visualising real-time data
- Image/Video visualisation
What’s in it for you
- Flexible work arrangements – each team decides what works for them from location to hours and we will support you with your remote work setup
- Be empowered to get your work done through a lightweight Agile approach, access to end customers and ability to drive decisions around technology use
- Culture of innovation, continuous learning and improvement for the products we build as well as team and company-wide processes
- Quarterly hackathons where groups form to come up with ideas and test solutions for difficult or interesting problems
- Work closely with industry leaders working on problems without existing solutions
- Opportunity to transition into other technical specialties within the company
- Opportunity to work at or travel between our various office locations