We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Videographer to join our team. We create social media and digital content for some of the biggest films, TV shows and franchises in the world. We want someone who’s confident shooting in the moment, behind the scenes content on set, can confidently light a beautiful interview and can manage a team of videographers.
We are keen to hear from people with experience working on set and with talent on film and TV productions. While the role will involve lots of travelling (UK and sometimes abroad) to go on set shooting, there will also be days in the office where, working alongside our production team, footage will need to be logged, equipment sorted and edits started. We are looking for someone who will enjoy this mix and will oversee our team of junior and mid level videographers.
Ai is a London based creative agency working on a number of high profile entertainment franchises including (but not limited to) Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Ubisoft and James Bond 007. Our clients prefer a very high level of discretion in our dealings with them so you will not find out much about us online. We can of course explain more about who we are and the work we do should you wish to apply for the role.
The role consists of:
– Working regularly on set and on Ai shoots to capture content for various social platforms. This might include going on set alone or in a small group to capture B-Roll, working with other members of the team or freelancers to capture sit-down interviews, cover events, more constructed pieces, or being part of a larger production.
– Regularly working extended hours (outside of 9.30-6pm office hours). We have detailed policies on ensuring all employees still maintain a healthy work / life balance (this includes lieu days).
– Managing our team of junior and mid level videographers.
– Organising and managing shoots alongside the production manager and producers. This might entail creating budgets, booking kit, working on call sheets and arranging other logistics around a shoot.
– Contributing to ideation and development for new projects.
– Oversee the logging and delivery of footage by junior members of staff.
– Overseeing the management of our in-house equipment, hard drives and footage.
– Starting edits or creating basic edits of footage when necessary (we use Premiere Pro).
– Working full time in our central London office when not on set.
– Constantly help the team improve and be world-class at capturing and creating video content. This includes an expectation to find and share interesting content, come up with ways we can improve, and keeping on top of pop-culture (watch the latest Marvel TV show, the latest Star Wars film etc).
– Provide training sessions for junior members of staff on techniques and equipment.
– Professional experience shooting video content on the sets of films and TV shows.
– Proficient in use of a variety of cameras including FS7, A7Siii, or similar.
– Advanced lighting skills (should know how to light a variety of interview sets).
– Good knowledge of audio recording.
– Experience working with talent and directing shoots.
– Self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced environment.
– Extremely organised, flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Problem solver.
– Passionate about pop-culture, TV and film.
– Photo and video editing abilities.
– Photography skills.
– Experience booking kit and creating budgets.
– Experience as a line manager.
– 25 days holiday per annum, rising yearly to a maximum of 30 days.
– Your birthday off (in addition to holiday days).
– Optional healthcare plan including cashback on dental, optical and more.
– Opportunities for training in various areas (e.g. camera skills, management training).
– WFTV membership for women employees.
– Office located in the middle of Soho.
– Regular staff social events.
– A beer fridge in the office.