West Coast Bitumen
About the job
West Coast Bitumen is a family-owned and operated Bitumen Services business based in the beautiful Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsula.
We provide Spray Seal and Asphalt surfacing solutions to an array of clients in the Civil Construction, Local Government, Mining, Defence and Rail industries. With 30 years of experience in the industry, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with Big Business offerings that come with Small Business customer service.
Due to continued growth, We need an experienced Site Supervisor/Site Foreman to join our team. Reporting to the Project Manager, the role will consist of the following:
● Communicating with the project manager and team to achieve targets and goals
● Assisting in delegation and management of works
● Leading daily pre-start toolbox talks
● Implementation & Record-Keeping of WZTM / Site Safety
● Understanding and Implementation of SWMS / JSEA
● Conducting site inductions
● Supervising a team of up to 10 people
● Coordination of onsite works and team
● Ensuring works are completed to meet program and productivity rates.
What we need from you:
● A solid commitment to Safety and Work Quality
● Be a strong team player, reliable, hard-working and well-organised
● Motivation to achieve value-for-money results
● Civil construction background with demonstrated supervisory experience
● HR / HC Truck Licence
● Plant tickets with experience operating Skid Steer, Roller, etc
● Not afraid to get hands-on and lead from the front
● Affinity for continuous improvement and innovation, applying learnings to ‘real world’ project delivery environment
What You’ll Get from Us:
● Competitive Remuneration Package
● Fully Maintained Company Vehicle
● Opportunity to work in a highly supportive, team-oriented organisation
● Working in an energetic and varying environment with modern plant and equipment.
● Opportunity to utilise skills and knowledge with continuous support, upskill, and training.
This position brings with it the opportunity for a sea change to the beautiful Eyre Peninsula – Spend your time after work and on weekends Fishing for fresh Squid & King George Whiting (or Tuna if you’re game), Four-Wheel driving in the pristine Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay National Parks, Surfing at one of our many surf beaches or just enjoying delicious food and wine at one of Port Lincolns many award-winning restaurants and wineries. Your family will love the friendly, inclusive community environment of the Port Lincoln Township.