Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketer, with proven social media experience and an eye for design.
The Marketing Executive will lead social media activity for EMEA, working closely with colleagues across EMEA and in the US to plan, create and post material, and to report on performance. They will be a highly visible person in EMEA for social media questions and activity.
The role will be part of the Pan-EMEA marketing team, responsible for managing the content and execution of our LinkedIn, Everyone Social and Twitter channels (including both organic and sponsored/paid posts) to cover multiple technology portfolio areas. We have ambitious targets to increase our following and engagement on social media, and to encourage engagement of our sales teams with social media. This role will involve high levels of creativity and strong interpersonal skills to drive and maintain engagement across the region.
The position will help deliver our marketing strategy and to support marketing activity for campaigns, events and news and PR. The successful candidate will have proven experience working and reporting on social media channels and will have an eye to be able to design and create relevant visuals to support posts.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for EMEA social media activity: planning, creating and reporting on posts performance
- Collaborates and leads across the business with marketing teams in EMEA being the EMEA primary point of contact for everything social media related
- Manages briefing process and content calendar to ensure regular cadence of posts across all channels
- Creates clear and concise copy for social posts, ensuring legal and brand alignment
- Creates exciting visual imagery for posts, considering design requirements and adherence for corporate brand principles; varying requirements and design for organic and paid social posts
- Manage a regular cadence of reporting on social media channel and content performance
- Proactively keeps stakeholders informed and engaged, whether leading or contributing to a programme
- Monitors performance and makes recommendations for change to optimise performance; encourages a test-and-learn approach
- Be a social media advocate for sales teams; supporting training and sales enablement so sales can better use social media
- Maintain a close attention to detail, even in a fast-moving environment
What We Look For In a Candidate
- Proven experience creating social media content: both copy and design
- Highly proficient with social platform analytics: essential with Twitter and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Clear copywriting skills: able to be concise!
- Proficient user of social media management/scheduling tools
- Strong, clear communication skills; an ability to build rapport quickly with individuals across varying locations
- Ability to work as part of a remote team that includes a diverse range of cultures and working styles
- Prior experience of B2B marketing or technology sector a bonus, but not essential
Creating social media copy 30%
Designing Visuals for social posts 40%
Planning content calendar, scheduling posts 10%
Social media training and user support 10%
Communication, collaboration and cross-team planning 10%
Requisition #: 265262
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.