Washington State Department of Natural Resources
Want to join something GREAT and make a difference?
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has an exciting opportunity within our Executive Management, Communications and Outreach Division. Are you interested in a career that allows you to flex your creativity while communicating important topics to the people of Washington? Work for Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz and the DNR to promote our efforts to lift up all Washingtonians. This includes informing the public around dynamic topics like wildfire, protecting our lands and waters, boosting rural and urban economies, and renewable energy development. You will join a tight-knit team of skilled communicators who work on topics that are incredibly rewarding.
You will be empowered to be creative and think boldly but will always have the support and guidance of the Communications Team. We move fast, and want you to help us make the world a better place. You will work in close proximity to a statewide elected official and will have the opportunity to travel throughout the state and experience our incredible communities.
Our public lands create incredible economic benefit and generate tens of millions of dollars for schools, hospitals, and libraries. Under the leadership of the Commissioner Franz, the agency is expanding opportunities that protect our lands and benefit our communities. To be successful in this position, you will know how to leverage engaging social media tactics to help us share how we are pushing the agency forward and maximizing the social, economic, and environmental value of public lands.
Reporting to the Senior Social Media Manager, this position will help produce content, develop and execute strategic priorities and oversee day-to-day programming for DNR’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative, hardworking strategic thinker and will have a successful track record of communicating complex issues using a variety of social media platforms and tools.
- Together with the Senior Social Media Manager, contribute to and execute an organic social media strategy for the agency with the primary goal of growing engagement with our constituents.
- Work closely with Communications Managers to create or curate content for official DNR social media properties.
- Conceptualize and create engaging content for social platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, graphic design, script writing, caption writing, videography and photography.
- Maintain a distinct voice and tone for DNR’s primary social media accounts.
- Contribute to a content calendar.
- Create content for the Commissioner of Public Lands social media pages.
- Monitor the agency’s social media channels and provide authentic, consistent and accurate two-way dialogue with constituents.
- Utilize analytics tools to develop reports, ensure goals are met, and track social media activity linked to Communications messaging priorities.
- Support Communications & Outreach Division media events, including press conferences, through video and photo content to be used on social media channels
- Identify emerging trends and brainstorm with the Senior Social Media Manager to execute new social media tactics.