SBG Sports Software, a Catapult Company, is a leading developer of data and video-based performance analysis software for international elite sports. Our systems are used extensively by teams and organisers in Formula 1, Formula E, IndyCar, NASCAR, WEC/Le Mans and other worldwide endurance racing.
Our customers include the FIA, six Formula 1 teams (including the 8-time World Champion Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team), more than half of the Formula E teams and the winners of the last 7 Le Mans 24-hour races (Audi, Porsche, and Toyota).
We also develop software for football (where users of our software include the majority of English Premier League teams and many other top-level clubs and international teams around the world) and several other elite-level sports.
We are winners of the Queen’s Award for Innovation and the Yahoo Sports Technology Award for Best Product for Elite Performance.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SPORT AND BUILDING WORLD-CLASS SOFTWARE
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in London, you will be a leading player in planning, designing, building and testing our motorsport applications. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high-quality experience. Our software engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and are able to excel in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment. This is a C++ role, however, if you have good knowledge of another object-oriented programming language (such as C# or Java), you will also be considered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Software Development: You will design and implement professional applications for elite-level motorsport using sound software engineering practices.
- Maintenance and Support: You will fix bugs and help our support team answer technical questions.
- You are expected to deliver on your goals in a timely manner and to provide regular progress updates to the team.
- Documentation: You will assist with the production of documentation and the design of tests.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of C++ experience (or experience in another object-oriented language and a willingness to learn C++).
- Degree in computer science or other scientific or technical subject
- Experience developing efficient data structures and algorithms.
- A passion for technology.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisation and time management.
- Willingness to work flexibly to include evenings and weekends when necessary (sporting events are often at weekends).
- Willingness to travel to sporting events for customer support and training when necessary.
NICE TO HAVE
- A passion for sport.
- Experience working in motorsport.
- An understanding of UI and UX design.
- Experience developing applications on Windows.
- Experience of Agile development tools and processes.
- Experience developing applications in Visual Studio.
- Experience developing applications that process video.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
You will have the satisfaction of knowing your work is playing an essential role every day at some of the most successful teams and in the most high-profile sports on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.