About the job
Do you want to be part of the transformation of talent acquisition at one of the world’s most high-profile media organisations and be part of the team driving its inclusive sourcing strategy?
Are you an accomplished talent acquisition sourcing expert, who would like to influence the transformation and future success of talent acquisition at the BBC? Would you like to support the organisation at a time when you will play a critical role in helping it make an even greater impact across the world, arguably when the world has never needed it more?
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people around the world. Our 22,000 employees are driven by our five inspiring public purposes and you’ll need to be deeply inspired and motivated by them too.
We are on a journey of transformation. An enterprise-wide cultural and organisational evolution, that will unlock and amplify the potential in all our existing and future employees to deliver value for all audiences. And we need world-class talent to join and help us deliver this aspiration.
As well as being accountable for contributing to and delivering the inclusive sourcing strategy, processes and procedures from Early Careers to senior hires you’ll be joining at a time when our entire Talent Acquisition team itself is also undergoing transformation and evolving, to help deliver on the BBC’s vision. You will therefore have to help us move internally to a more strategic and joined up approach to sourcing, while balancing this with the need to improve the candidate experience and deliver on evolving commercial realities
- Work with senior leaders to lead and communicate the new and evolving inclusive sourcing vision and strategy and approach across the BBC, while making adjustments as required to this approach to ensure this continues to meet the wider BBC strategy.
- Develop and deliver new and emerging high impact inclusive sourcing tools and initiatives.
- Manage agencies and vendors appropriately as required to deliver on inclusive sourcing requirements, while reducing dependency on third parties.
- Partner with the Employer Brand and Executive Search and Mapping teams to develop and deploy a consistent approach to candidate relationship management.
- Work with wider Talent Acquisition team to position the BBC as an employer of choice in the external market, enabling the BBC to attract the future skills and capabilities to deliver the BBC’s strategic priorities while also supporting the development and promotion of talent already in the organization.
- Work with People Partners, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partners, Executive Search and Early Careers Recruitment to develop succession and workforce planning to enable the Sourcing team to carry out talent mapping and talent pooling for current and future requirements.
- Support in sourcing for Executive and high-profile roles where appropriate.
- Build relationships with and act as the specialist point of contact for any division on inclusive sourcing, offering guidance, advice and support and influence forward thinking strategic workforce and resourcing plans.
- Develop a world-class sourcing team, lead, engage and inspire them by role modelling the BBC Values and behaviours and by creating a sense of purpose and belonging throughout.
- Set and monitor the performance of the team against agreed key performance indicators and outcomes relating to budget, hiring manager satisfaction, candidate experience and workflow in the team, ensuring continuous improvement in ways of working.
- Be ready to deputise for the Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Recruitment and Sourcing as required and supporting them with the development and succession planning for the wider Recruitment and Sourcing team.
- Work with Operations and Insights to carry out in-depth analysis of data from a variety of sources (i.e., careers site, job boards, Google Analytics, etc.) to extract insights about Sourcing effectiveness and areas of optimization and to provide regular reporting on effectiveness of Talent Acquisition impact.
- Be a visible member of the Talent Acquisition Team, actively contributing to the wider Talent Acquisition and People and Organisational Development strategy and goals as appropriate.
- Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to keep informed of external trends and best practice and to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships.
- Be an ambassador for the function and represent the BBC Talent Acquisition team internally and externally (as appropriate).
Are you the right candidate?
You will no doubt already have relevant in-house inclusive sourcing experience gained in large complex corporate settings and direct experience of successfully shaping and delivering high impact sourcing strategies, (at all levels), built on the back of strategic workforce planning.
You’ll also have led and successfully developed a high performing sourcing team before and enjoy uncertainty as you’ll help us to shape and deliver evolving sourcing services into an organisation that itself is going through significant cultural change. And finally, you’ll be at home with technological advancements in sourcing, with knowledge of CRM systems and unlocking the insights and value these can bring to the talent acquisition ecosystem.
The challenges and aspirations listed above should truly motivate you; with the opportunity to support us in building a talent acquisition team that is not only best in class, but also the envy of UK and international industry as whole.
If you want to be a critical part of this challenge and your track record and area of expertise are aligned, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: UK – Various
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application . There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18 th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely.
About The BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.