Old World Industries, LLC
About the job
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for management of Asian based 3rd party sourcing for OWI. Includes the management of OWI Asian Sourcing Office which is responsible for the procurement of raw materials and finished goods through new and established supplier relationships as required by business needs. Ensures adequate production and inventory capacity be available to support requirements. Works with the suppliers to optimize relationships and build supply chain efficiencies, innovation, and overall competitive advantages.
DIRECT REPORTS: Quality Manager, Logistics Manager, Logistics Specialist and Sourcing Specialist (open)
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position location is in Taipei, Taiwan area near current and potential new suppliers.
- Direct the research and initiate contact with new suppliers for both new and existing products.
- Collaborate with Global Sourcing Manager to identify new product categories and products as well as work with existing suppliers to find new sub-suppliers where needed.
- Gather information of local market and suppliers to evaluate and recommend partnerships and purchasing strategies.
- Execute strategies with internal and external partners to ensure price, value, quality, and delivery goals are met.
- Monitor and analyze commodity-pricing changes and maintain purchased price trend analysis.
- Arrange factory visits with our suppliers when OWI customers plan to visit our supply base in Asia.
- Communicate forecasts to suppliers and ensure adequate supply on long lead-time items.
- Assure supplier shipments are made on time working with OWI Transportation team.
- Liaison between Supply Chain and relative Business Units to determine needs of customers and verifying suppliers’ capabilities to meet those requirements.
- Manage supplier agreements/contracts, by working with supplier to assure compliance
- Coordinate with local OWI Quality Engineer, annual or customer specific factory audits with the supplier and SGS or other 3rd party inspection companies.
- Maintain supplier database of current and prospective suppliers which includes an overall supplier profile, production capabilities, design capabilities, engineering capabilities, competitive relationships, quality standards, any 3rd party audit results…etc.
- Continuously identifies and improves efficiency and productivity of local sourcing operational activities.
- Approximately 10% of the time will be spent on administrative activities for the local Taiwanese office
- Responsible for petty cash account
- Monthly reporting of activities to local accounting firm
- Annual discussion with utilities and on-site service providers
- Local liaison with our law firm
- Assume additional related responsibilities, as necessary.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Business curriculum required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Asian sourcing required with 3 years supervisory experience
- Automotive lighting/electronics/accessories sourcing experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in local language(s) along with fluency in English
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with a concentration in Excel and Access and SAP.
- Exceptional work-flow organization abilities.
- Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time while maintaining deadlines.
- Demonstrated independent initiative with significant work output.
- Able to communicate product requirements and business constraints accurately.
- Strong history of building business relationships with internal and external partners with good negotiation skills