Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
About the job
Generation Global is the Institute’s global citizenship education programme. It enables young people to embrace the future, equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become active, global and open-minded citizens. Generation Global was established in 2009 and has worked in over 30 countries in Asia, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Europe and the Americas, teaching dialogue skills to teachers and students, and facilitating meaningful global encounters between young people aged 13 to 17.
The programme has trained over 15,000 teachers and worked with over 550,000 students globally, through its online community and the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA). It has enabled over 3,800 classroom VCs and over 400 online encounters between students internationally. Our resources are recognised as good practice by organisations including UNESCO, the Brookings Institution and Club De Madrid, and have been used in the programme’s partnership with governments across the world, including Italy, Jordan, Australia’s Northern Territory and several states in India.
Working closely with the Partnerships, marketing and communications Lead, the Southeast Asia coordinator will play a key role in managing and supporting existing school partnerships in Indonesia as well as identifying new partnerships with schools and school networks in Southeast Asia.
- Coordinate and manage the existing network of teachers, schools, and students in Indonesia
- Support all teachers taking part in Generation Global to create accounts, book video conferences, add students, and use teaching materials effectively
- Coordinate induction and onboarding of new teachers and schools in the programme
- Identify and cultivate new schools and school networks in Southeast Asia that will scale Generation Global’s reach to more students and young people
- Build rapport with teachers, school leaders, and educators
- Support team members with training delivery and lead on orientation and other information sessions for new and potential partners
- Work with the Partnerships, Marketing and Communications Lead to develop and implement large scale partnerships in Southeast Asia with governments, youth organisation, not for profit organisations, and other partners
- Provide advice to the Generation Global team on the external context that may affect implementation of the strategy and contribute to the plans for Southeast Asia based upon on-ground experience and insight
- Identify speaker slots at conferences, events, and webinars, and support the team to effectively represent Generation Global externally, preparing talking points and key messages as needed
- Ensure compliance with all corporate policies, programme systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security, and legal matters
- Undertake any other responsibilities that further contribute to Generation Global’s business plans, as required
- Experience of working with schools, teachers, and educators in Indonesia
- Understanding and experience of the education sector (secondary level) in Indonesia and other Southeast Asia countries
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and implementing multiple and varied tasks according to agreed plan, time, and budget
- Prior ed-tech sales experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentational skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, including people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work remotely with a global team
- Proficiency with Microsoft office
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with a passion for achieving social impact
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, to a high standard.
- Fluency in Bahasa essential and another language, is desirable
- Ability to take initiative and contribute towards creative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills with ability to share insights that drive results