Sealand – A Maersk Company Asia is the dedicated Intra-Asia (IAS) arm for the Maersk Group delivering containerized cargo through an extensive network spanning Bangladesh to East Russia. As an independent business unit that is part of the Maersk Group we carry our own IAS cargo, significant feedering volumes for Maersk Line as well as other carriers with whom we have cultivated long-term partnerships. We have over 500 staff in 14 countries with headquarters situated in Singapore and operate a fleet of over 70 ships. Furthermore, we have started the journey on end to end services, including supply chain, intermodal, CHB, Contract Logistics, Cold Chain and more.
An opportunity is now available for an independent, energetic and self-motivated individual to join us as Senior External Sales.
As an organization, we are entrepreneurial. We provide a fast-paced work environment where employees are empowered and expected to take ownership and held accountable for their performance.
Through this position, you will gain a unique opportunity to improve your mindset, skills and competency, covering below and more:
- Deep knowledge of sales professional process
- Sales essentials training – a key for your success
- Logistics and Services experience.
- Development of stakeholder management skills and persuasion abilities
- Learning how to deal with and operate in a global organization
- Improving your efficiency levels while keeping a high level of quality in your work with a focus on Sales skills
- Exposure with local and foreign colleagues and customers at multiple-levels
- Communication and process improvement
- Work in a dynamic professional sales team who value team success.
- Making sales calls with new and existing customers who are medium and large-sized local and international companies doing contain erised import and export.
- Establish strong, multi-level relationships with key customers (including decision makers and influencers) and make use of senior management to sponsor and leverage high level customer relationships.
- Identify account needs, opportunities, and key buying factors for existing customers, and formalize those into account plans and create compelling value propositions to increase win ratio and gain premium over competition.
- Be on top of your assigned industry situation, taking lead in creating a compelling value proposition to response well to the industry’s needs.
- Responsible for growing support from your existing customers and acquiring new customers within South region to meet and exceed individual volume and revenue target.
We are looking for
As a minimum for fulfilling this important position, we expect for you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Trade, Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Commerce or other similar areas
- Fluent English
- 2-4 years’ working experience in shipping/ logistics with experience in reefer or cold chain.
- Motivated, can-do attitude and ambitious self-starter with a customer-focus mindset is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment and cope with large scale business challenges
- Strong communication skill in both verbal and written
- Being proactive and taking responsibility for your tasks
- Being value focused and keeping a high level of integrity
- Constantly seeking to improve your skills and efficiency levels
- Capable in building strong and lasting relationships at multiple levels, focusing on decision makers and influencers
- Strong knowledge about market, competitors and industry trends will be a clear advantage