Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada
The Culture and Compliance Risk Division (CCRD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to participate in the supervision, analysis and assessment of Canada’s federally regulated financial institutions (FRFIs).
- Interacting with key stakeholders at FRFIs, including members of senior management and the board of directors.
- Assessing the inherent risks and key controls that drive the risk profile at FRFIs.
- Ongoing monitoring of FRFIs involving the analysis of a variety of financial and non-financial reports, including risk reports.
- Supporting assessments/reviews of significant activities or control functions at FRFIs.
- Working and liaising with various internal stakeholders, including lead supervisory teams and specialists.
- Working with external supervisory partners (national and international).
- Identifying best practices and emerging trends
Recent and significant experience working in the financial services industry* in one or more of the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Internal/External Audit
Significant experience in planning, coordinating and executing on-site compliance or risk management assessments or audits of financial institutions or similar experience of assessments in other regulatory areas.
Recent and significant experience in liaising with and making presentations to senior management and/or boards of directors at FRFIs.
*Financial services industry experience is defined as experience working in one or more of the following areas: (a) financial institutions including banks, trust and loan companies, and insurance companies (b) firms dealing with audits or consulting engagements to such institutions (including reinsurance brokers) (c) technology and data companies providing services to financial institutions or linked to the delivery of financial services (d) government departments that directly deal with the supervision and regulation of these institutions (e) First Nation Institutions including: Band operations, trustees or administrators of pension plans, lending institutions or other related areas providing financial services (f) other relevant areas.
Closing date: 5 July 2022