Are you a marketing and communications professional who is unafraid to think differently, always going the extra mile, and keeps current on the latest marketing trends? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) organization is seeking a Strategic Marketing Planner (SMP) to lead the marketing efforts for our GPS business priorities and bold plays. If you’re a marketing and communications professional who sees the world differently, finds opportunity where others don’t, and keeps a pulse on the next big trends, then become our partner in growth. Together we’ll discover new ways to transform out-of-the-box ideas into measurable business results for our clients and our company. If you’re ready to make an impact, hit the “apply now” button!
The Strategic Marketing Planner (SMP) serves as a trusted marketing advisor to his/her/their business leaders and key stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for developing best-in-class strategic marketing plans as well as overseeing campaign delivery for GPS health sector marketing campaigns.
Deloitte’s GPS Marketing Excellence (ME) team combines the power of Deloitte’s brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From campaign strategy to digital strategy to social media to events and seeing campaigns through to execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measurable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process.
- Work closely with the business Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), GPS ME leader, in-house Green Dot Agency (GDA), external vendors, and stakeholders to develop strategic marketing plans and associated campaigns in support of GPS business priorities
- Collaborate across Marketing Excellence, other enabling areas, and external vendors in support of campaign activities and tactical management including:
- Support the development of strategic briefs (business cases) for potential marketing campaigns as well as leadership approval process
- Help manage the overall portfolio of campaigns and activities, plan, manage budgets, and internal/external agency resources to ensure proper prioritization and utilization of resources
- Own and execute key pieces of campaigns to help position Deloitte’s brand in the government market with an emphasis on government health agencies
- Define metrics and KPIs to assess campaign success, activity and channel levels to inform future tactics
- Compile, analyze and present campaign ROI with stakeholders
Skills and competencies
- Understanding of federal, state, local government agencies with a focus on health care issues and legislation
- Able to think big and design campaign strategy as well as see it through execution
- Understanding of experiential technology and ways to connect it to client needs
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and complex priorities
- Ability to make connections in highly matrixed environment, with eye on collaboration and integration
- Strong persuasive communication skills; able to gain consensus through influence and pivot when warranted
- Ability to build relationship and collaborate in a virtual environment
- Experience working in one or a combination of Government, Government Health, Public Health and/or Health Care marketing, a plus
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on B2B marketing and communications strategy and planning
- Undergraduate degree, with a focus in Marketing, Communications, or a related business field
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications strategies and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Experience designing and building content marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience designing and delivering integrated marketing campaigns that build brand awareness, client engagement and enhance issue positioning to influence wins
- Experience with managing Digital and Social media strategy, writing, and analysis
- Critical thinking and self-motivated: Comfort with ambiguity, resourceful, and able to think about the big picture and apply critical thinking to bring ideas to stakeholders
- Stakeholder Management and Engagement: Comfort working with multiple senior and executive level stakeholders to build consensus, manage expectations, and drive outcomes
- Project Management: Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Writing: Comfort with drafting different types of content
- Thoughtware Execution and Commercialization: Design facilitation, editing, internal and external announcements, web postings, etc.
- Digital Campaigns: Experience managing media buys and vendor relationships for sponsored content and advertising opportunities
- Content Development: Lead and contribute to the strategic development of insights, POVs and white papers as well as editing content and collateral material and refreshing website content for consistent messaging and clear voice
- Experiential Design and Event Management: Includes strategy, planning logistics, invitations, registration, conference materials and on-site assistance to create an experience
- Travel up to 15% (while travel of up to 10% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.