Grok Global Services
About the job
We are looking for a talented, dedicated professional to be a HCMC office-based Recruitment Advisor supporting Brock University via Grok Global Services’ Program Office. The successful candidate will primarily focus on engaging key stakeholders from across Vietnam but may at times be required to support activities across Southeast Asia.
The successful candidate’s duties will include the provision of:
- localized regional promotion and brand building activities,
- dissemination of information, such as providing training on degree programs offered by Brock to various stakeholders across Vietnam, such as education agencies
- build relationships with high-schools and universities,
- follow up with academic offer holders via conversion/acceptance of offer campaigns,
- plan and deliver market activities that support Brock’s brand and reputation,
- identifying and sharing higher education trends as they relate to student mobility and overseas education, with a particular focus on trends that may impact Canada as a study destination.
The position involves significant cross-cultural stakeholder-engagement activities. This may constitute participating in both in-person and online/tech enabled information sessions, meetings, and student education fairs. Significant domestic travel is anticipated (40%).
About Brock University
Brock University is one of Canada’s top post-secondary institutions. Located in historic Niagara region, Brock offers all the benefits of a young and modern university in a safe, community-minded city with beautiful natural surroundings. With more than 19,000 students in seven diverse Faculties, Brock University offers an academic experience that’s second to none.
About Grok Global Services
Grok Global Services is a professional services firm that provides support to higher education institutions in accessing and developing important education markets. Grok is not an agency or a pathway provider. By joining our team as a Recruitment Advisor, you will be solely focused on supporting Brock University, while working in an environment of like-minded professionals supporting higher education institutions from around the world.
The Most Suitable Background
- 4+ years of experience in roles related to higher education, international education, or university placement services.
- Experience representing a Canadian institution will be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance.
- Study abroad experience, particularly from Canada, would be an advantage.
- Strong English at a Professional Working Proficiency.
- Volunteering, or other life experiences that demonstrates creativity, persistence, and a drive to succeed.
The Most Important Traits to Succeed
- Strong communication skills with an ability to guide and influence others
- Strong strategic skills – evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment / internal moral compass
- Able to manage a dynamic agenda across multiple time zones
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and results-orientated
- Displays initiative and are resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.
Perks and Benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- Competitive salary and benefits including social, health and unemployment insurance.