MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership)
About the job
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world’s premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto’s sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC’s Academy and the First Team’s practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As a valuable member of the Systems team, you will deliver championship service throughout the organization. Your responsibilities include various accounting and administrative functions surrounding point of sale (POS) operations and systems.
- Managing gratuity pay out for eligible employees in our cashless venues next business day post event.
- Manage and send out daily flash report to various business sectors.
- Assist in managing POS systems by the following:
- Create new employee accounts, mag swipe configuration.
- Configure screen and button placement, modifiers, kitchen chits etc.
- Coordinate price changes when necessary (dynamic alcohol, promos, menu changes/updates).
- Manager POS related processes such as tenders, coupons, and discounts.
- Assorted configurations/setup as needed.
- Assist in managing inventory systems by the following:
- Creating inventory items, recipes, and POS products.
- Managing links between inventory system and POS.
- Assist in Month End finance tasks including:
- Printing inventory sheets and/or preparing digital inventory sheets.
- Keying/uploading inventory.
- Assist in report troubleshooting.
- Importing third-party restaurant counts.
- Adhere to all MLSE service standards and policies including Health & Safety.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Must be available to workdays, weekends and evenings as required, up to 40 hours per week
- Previous experience in hospitality/food and beverage industry required
- Previous experience in finance, reporting and analytics an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools
- Work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain utmost confidentiality of information and documents
- Must work well under pressure to achieve deadlines
- A winning attitude