Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan/Well Sense Health Plan
About the job
The Supplier Data & Performance Analyst will be required to design, implement, monitor, maintain and improve the reporting and data analytical tools used by the Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management Department. This position will be accountable for gathering and translating raw data into valuable data insights that are easy to assess and interpret, maintaining business information and relational databases, and consolidating monthly, quarterly, yearly reporting on various KPIs and metrics to support supplier management from a financial as well as a compliance perspective. The Supplier Data & Performance Analyst will also be required to act as a consultant and work closely with the broader Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management Department as well as additional departments such as Compliance and Public Partnerships as need to collect data and develop reports for regulatory purposes and ad hoc projects.
- Serves as a data, analytical, and analytic programming consultant for the sourcing and supplier management department
- Perform data manipulation tasks such as: gathering data from primary and secondary data sources, data cleansing, labeling, aggregation, and audits
- Accountable for identifying needed reports, generating/assembling reports, and distributing such information
- Responsible for portfolio level data management, producing actionable data to support the development of work plans, dashboards and other performance data and metric reporting, on a regular and ad-hoc basis using: collaboration tools, Excel, Access, Tableau, and/or other analytical software
- Develop new approaches and methodologies for gathering, maintaining and analyzing data
- Actively identifies problems, areas for continuous improvement, or needed changes to eliminate inefficient or ineffective use of resources, and recommends solutions
- Designs and implements new business processes to support the sourcing and supplier management program.
- Support the department’s ongoing data visualization efforts by designing new analytical models as well as ways to present and deliver information
- Develop and maintain standard documentation related to data reporting and systems, processes.
- Perform system implementation quality assurance, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Assists, when appropriate, in the training and communication of system changes for end-users and other impacted staff
- General direction weekly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required.
- 2 or more years in a healthcare related environment or supplier management programs.
- 3 or more years of experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, and/or process modeling
- Must have at least three years of experience with: (i) analytical business modeling and reporting; (ii) translating raw business data into useful insights; (iii) industry reporting tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, or others; and (v) analytic programming tools and methods such as Oracle SQL, SAS, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal; and (vi) and ERP software experience
- Experience in a healthcare related environment
- Working knowledge of health plan products e.g., CMS Medicare products, Medicaid
- Familiarity with regulatory reporting requirements
- Proven progression of work experience
Certification Or Conditions Of Employment
- Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, And Attributes
- Proactive, motivated and collaborative team player
- Highly advanced data collection, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong process documentation, mapping and improvement skills
- Strong prioritization, time-management, task tracking and project management skills
- Demonstrable experience at presenting findings in a written and oral format to business partners and distilling complex quantitative analysis into action-oriented recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, good communication a customer service orientation
- Flexible with a tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to multitask and work independently under tight timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required; ability to interact within all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of workflow tools such as Smarthseets or contract management tools such as Icertis or DocuSign CLM are a plus
Working Conditions And Physical Effort
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Remote worker