Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China; Shanghai, China.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of work experience in production line operations.
- Experience in project management and managing and influencing cross-functional technical teams.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related technical field.
- 15 years of experience working and managing international Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) partners.
- Experience managing and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time as needed.
About The Job
Google’s custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Sustaining Technical Manager, you’ll be the operations technical lead and manage operations communication with technical cross-functional teams for the full product life cycle. You will lead a team of professionals to ensure products are built to standards during from ramp to mass production. You will work with teams to solve challenges for production line operations. You will heavily working with cross functional leads from different sites for best practices, lessons learned and manufacturing strategies.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Able to work with cross-functional leads from different sites for best practices, lessons learned, and manufacturing strategies.
- Manage consumer hardware products full life cycle and identify/ensure ongoing technical risks are identified and mitigated/resolved.
- Collaborate on New Product Introduction (NPI) stage through mass production and provide design review to the Engineering team.
- Manage the operations side for line layout, line bring up, fixture buy off, line qualifications for ramp, as well as product yield, quality performance, mass production yield, and present performance updates to management.
- Lead and guide community managers to improve their manufacturing process control.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .