You’ll join our Bangkok or Jakarta office as part of McKinsey Design.
McKinsey Design drives client growth by delivering breakthrough physical and digital products, customer experiences, and design-led innovation. Our approach is multi-disciplinary, combining out-of-the-box creativity with the analytical rigor of McKinsey to innovate at scale and speed across all sectors. Our highly-skilled, cross-functional team of designers, business strategists and agile developers deliver service concepts, experiential prototypes and go-to-market products to transform clients’ businesses.
Our Design team offers the breadth and experiences of 350+ world-class design talent. At McKinsey Design, we bring a diverse community of designers and innovators passionate about empowering people and businesses alike, crafting state-of-the-art design and collaborating across teams and studios.
Our studio culture is casual and social, with an emphasis on knowledge building and innovation. We have the freedom to experiment, work iteratively, and are constantly learning and growing. Our community emphasises the importance of mentorship, collaboration and propelling the value of good design.
What you’ll do
- You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications.
- You will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional enterprise software products.
- You will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions for shaping the next generation products for various internal teams to ensuring that we stay on the leading edge of technology. You will also be responsible for leading multiple development teams while delivering best in class enterprise-grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
- You are a flexible and adaptive tech lead, who effectively communicates across a broad range of stakeholder groups from engineers to business users, as well as effectively leads a project workstream.
- Undergraduate or masters degree; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development, including leading a team and a project workstream
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Java and related frameworks, J2EE, and spring boot
- Working knowledge of Dev-Ops tooling pipeline
- Practical experience in setting up micro-services based architectures, preferably in financial services and telco space
- Engineering practice experience such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic and effective solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willing to travel up to 80%
- Fluent in English; additional language fluency is a plus