About the job
Considering the current affairs, Allstate will be conducting virtual interviews and has made arrangements for new hires to work remotely till its deemed safe to return to office.
Through our Employee Value Proposition, Opportunity, Flexibility, Community, Diversity and Family, we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture where employees feel valued, experience personal growth, have career options and truly enjoy the work they do.
Our team is growing and we are actively looking to hire Technical Analyst to join our team!
The Technical Analyst supports efforts to research, design, plan, and maintain new or existing hardware and software technology components. The Technical Analyst utilizes systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on tasks related to analysis, integration, and moderately to highly complex incidents and problems affecting production systems and multiple applications. The role helps define and update items in the configuration management plan. This role also requires continuous improvement on technical skills and knowledge.
Role Designation: Hybrid 1-2 days in Office
Benefits To Joining Allstate
- Group Benefits Program customizable to your needs
- Comprehensive Retirement Savings Program with employer matched contributions
- Employee discounts (15% on auto and property insurance, plus many other products and services)
- Strong Brand Recognition
- Working within the community and giving back!
- Opportunity for career development and growth
- Proud to offer work/life balance to support your success
- Annual Wellness allowance to support employees with improving health and wellbeing
- Support the completion of the following activities (concerning new hardware and software technology components or enhancements to existing components): research, analysis, design, selection, planning, and engineering.
- Collaborate to build consensus with other Service Engineers to ensure that the modified hardware and software infrastructure interacts appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business function and performance requirements.
- Support execution of testing, debugging, performance analysis, and documenting hardware and software technology components.
- Support implementation of hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, and performing complex product customizations.
- Support of production service requests, performing routine administration, and supporting hardware and software infrastructure.
- Support hardware and software technology component analysis, and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain/expand service levels or tune hardware and software infrastructure components for optimum performance.
- Support efforts to ensure plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical hardware and software components.
- Resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis, escalating high complexity incidents and problems to provide future application, hardware and/or software resiliency.
- Support identifying and recommending major and significant changes for purposes of incident avoidance.
- Support the development and update of the configuration management plan
- Support the effort to develop and maintain tools for the use of maintaining, modifying and monitoring hardware and software technology components
- Support the effort to determine the originating factors for a given incident and develop recommendations for preventing its repetition.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels, design data collection and reporting mechanisms for technology component health reporting.
Area of Expertise
- Windows Operating System
- Technical Support
- System Administration
- VMware Infrastructure
- Network Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Project Management
- IT Policy & Procedure
- IT Security Management
- SCCM, Intunes & Cloud Computing
- Data Center Management
- Installation & Configuration
- Excellent Customer Service
- Process Improvement
- Training & Staff Development
- Team Leadership & Coordination
- C-Level Relation & Presentation
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Windows Servers: Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016
- Hardware: HP DL series and IBM system X series, Dell/EMC Isilon/VNX/Hitachi SAN hardware, IDE hard drives, DAS, V-SAN
- Application & Tools: MS Office suite, Office 365, Citrix Director, Scout, Toad, PgAdmin, PowerShell, Active Directory, SCCM, MDT, MDOP, SCOM, Nagios, SolarWinds LEM, Envision LEM, ADUC, ADMT, ADAC, EAC
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi,Vsphere 5.X-6.0, MCS, PVS, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp/Citrix XenDesktop, ThinApp, App-V,XenCenter, VDI and VMware converter
- Data Center Migration: HA and DRS clusters, P2P, P2V, V2V,vMotion, Fault Tolerance, backups and live migration
- Cloud: Office 365, Microsoft Azure & Service Now Express