Who we are
FloodMapp is a rapidly growing technology company looking to expand our team to scale our product across Australia and the United States. Flooding is the costliest natural disaster, causing billions in damage and taking thousands of lives across the globe every year. FloodMapp offers real-time flood forecasting and intelligence using cutting edge technology. We work with large organizations across the public and private sector to improve safety and prevent damage in the event of flooding.
At FloodMapp, people are our main focus, because hard problems require an exceptional team. As a diverse team, we value empathy, integrity, accountability and communication. Everyone learns from each other. Everyone is passionate about solving a growing global problem and making a global impact. We all work to build a safer future.
We believe that the unique ideas brought from all of our amazing team is one of the keys to our success. To create an inclusive and diverse culture, we welcome, encourage and celebrate applicants of any race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This role will wear many hats. You will be a key liaison between the company and our customers. You will be a technical expert, with an exceptional ability to explain technical engineering concepts and specifications by translating them into relevant customer context. You will work with customers to understand and define their needs and envisage solutions using our products. You will also provide initial onboarding and help customers integrate our products into their GIS platforms. You will provide level one technical support and ensure that our customers have a great experience with our products.
- Understand customer needs and explore with them how they can benefit from the full potential of FloodMapp products
- Understand the existing tools and workflows of FloodMapp customers
- Demonstrate value by identifying the customers’ challenges and needs and turning them into technical requirements
- Provide solutions, ideas and advocacy that bridge the gap between FloodMapp products, technical specifications, and customer use cases.
- Oversee onboarding of new customers, including creating credentials and authentication keys
- Provide tailored product user guides and training
- Provide technical demos to potential customers
- Assist with product testing
- Be the first contact for customer queries
- Scheduling and attending monthly account management meetings
- Liaising with third party vendors and technology partners
- Support services to partners and respond to data queries
- Attending conferences and industry events to represent FloodMapp to existing and new clients
Your skills and experience
- Minimum 3+ years in Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Minimum 2+ years in software development with Python
- Practical knowledge of version control software, specifically Git
- Practical knowledge with SQL ideally PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Advanced knowledge of GIS software, specifically ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and QGIS
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies
It’s amazing, but not required
- Experience in SaaS sales processes
- Experience gathering requirements from customers
- Experience providing customer support
- Practical knowledge of Network Security
- Practical knowledge of System Networking
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with Terraform (infrastructure as code)
- Experience deploying software in a production environment
Your Pay & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Bonus paid day of birthday leave each year
- Bonus 2 paid days of reboot leave each year to promote mental & physical health
- Paid parental leave and paid domestic & family violence leave.
- Employee Wellness Program
- Team events & celebrations
- Our head office is based in The Precinct with the QLD AI hub. There are regular tech meetups and social events for all of the startups based in the building. Here you’ll have access to:
- End-of-Trip Facilities: bicycle parking and showers with a free towel service
- Free aeropress coffee (don’t worry the team will show you how to brew it)
- Stocked fruit bowl and other snacks
- Brisbane or Melbourne, Australia
- You should have full working rights to live and work in Australia.