Classic Home, Inc.
About the job
We are seeking an experienced tradeshow manager to join a fast-paced, growing home furnishings company. In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to impact the sales growth and objectives of the company through the successful leadership of multiple tradeshows annually. The candidate will collaborate with the key stakeholders in the company, including the merchandising, sales, and financial leaders to ensure that the company’s goals and objectives are delivered. The ideal candidate will display great attention to detail and be passionate about seeing concepts and ideas come to life.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all key tradeshows and events.
- Tradeshows and events are focused on the company’s permanent showrooms located in Las Vegas, NV., High Point, NC., Atlanta, GA., Dallas, TX., Vernon, Ca. (corporate showroom).
- Includes 8 major tradeshows, 2 warehouse events, 2-4 mini markets and other to-be-determined events
- Establish, track, and monitor budgets for each specific show. Maintain tight budget management.
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop layout strategies for all product categories for each show.
- Create and maintain tradeshow/event calendars
- Drive planning meetings with all stakeholders and virtual teams
- Cross-functional collaboration with the marketing and IT teams as it relates to executing each show and event.
- Effectively manage third-party vendors/contractors such as show set up and tear down crews, shipping and logistics providers and housekeeping. This includes the facility management for the showrooms.
- Coordinate logistics with the internal team to ensure an efficient flow of product to and from the shows
- Works closely with the inventory control and merchandising teams to maintain pre-determined inventory levels in each showroom.
- Make recommendations for future improvements for overall processes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5-7 years of experience in a tradeshow manager or coordinator role
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Project Management certificate – a plus
- Financial acumen with budget management experience
- Detail-oriented with a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work across all levels in an organization and with external suppliers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel for week-long periods approx. 30% of the time