UX / UI Designer
Salary flexible inline with your experience
Remote with weekly meetings in London
Who we’re looking for
- We are looking for an experienced and creative UI/UX Designer to join our team for this awesome project!
- We would love a UI-UX Designer, who will be responsible for delivering the best user experience for our new youth super-app. This makes your role extremely important for our success and ensures our community of 1.7million young people who will use the super-app, have a mega experience.
- We are looking for someone who can design with speed, but also precision while creating the right components and elements. We want someone who can bring an idea to life as a prototype for us to get built by our developers.
- Someone who is happy to meet in person (London) with our leadership team at least once a week to hack out work and break things to build them back stronger.
Who are we?
- The Youth Group is the UK’s largest community of young people and tech for good company enabling young people with access to the tools they really need to get ahead and grow in work.
- On the flip side, we also help enterprise, government and education to engage, develop and hire young people. We wholeheartedly believe in the potential of all young people and care deeply about young people and their futures.
- We work with over 700+ companies, have a community size of 1.7million young people and successfully created over 128,000 real opportunities for young people.
Our preferences for UX/UI
- Figma for design
- Facebook Workplace for communicating (we will set you up on this)
- Your recommendation for a prototype software (i.e. Figma)
- An over communicator (Leadership team are busy but always approachable and appreciate regular updates)
- Able to jump on a quick 20 call at short notice to be able to better understand critical but kind feedback and suggestions
Things you will do on this project?
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets.
- Developing and conceptualising a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyse and predict user behaviour.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
- A minimum of 2 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Figma/Adobe Creative Suite and Design Systems.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Based in London