WHO YOU ARE
You love the work of implementing your designs from a sketch into reality, as you are a practical and hands on individual, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment. You seek an environment where you feel at home away from home and strive to work as a team to create different solutions. You have a deep passion, curiosity, and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home. You are a creative thinker, with commercial visual competence and a keen eye for aesthetics. You have a tertiary education or similar qualification in visual merchandising, and a solid background of working as a visual merchandiser preferably in a retail environment. Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp and/or Revit will be highly regarded but is not essential.
As a Visual Merchandise/Activity Co-worker, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
• Providing home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products to improve people’s life at home.
• Demonstrating the uniqueness of the IKEA product range through your visual merchandising competence and display techniques in different store media (displays) and activity areas (remove) to distance us from the competition.
• Working with vitality to motivate people to visit the IKEA store more frequently.
• Engaging others through the ability to visualise and present a commercial idea.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Where others see furniture and homeware products, the store visual merchandising/activity team have the power to remind people how one product can change the look and feel of a room. By understanding our customer’s needs and wants, you can provide relevant, functional, affordable, inspiring and sustainable solutions.