Mister Safety Shoes Inc.
What We Do
Mister Safety Shoes is a specialty retailer in the field of safety footwear and work clothing. Our warehouse is in an easily accessible location in Mississauga. Our warehouse associates take a lot of pride in the cleanliness and efficiency of our 16,000 sq.ft facility.
What We Offer
There are many reasons to work for us. Here are just a few:
- We offer a compensation package that includes a starting base hourly wage of $18.90, plus monthly productivity bonus.
- Benefits are fully paid for by the company for all full-time employees after 90 days.
- 3-Weeks paid vacation for full-time employees.
- We offer set schedules, day shift only…no afternoons or overnights. We are looking for people to work 6am-2:30pm Monday to Friday
- We are closed on ALL statutory holidays – Including Boxing Day!
- We invest in people and often promote from within.
What We Are Looking For
Under the direction of the DC Manager, the DC Associate is primarily responsible for duties related to receiving and shipping merchandise. Duties will include but not limited to
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Follows all safety standards and ensures that all company policies are being followed
- Follow and maintain 5S standards of the distribution center
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships & assist in creating a positive working environment
- Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure, handles multiple tasks, and performs duties with a sense of urgency
- Protects the MSS brand by maintaining a professional approach with customers & and internal employees during and after work hours.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette through integrity, honesty, and respect Strive to exceed group and individual performance goals
- Receive inbound merchandise and allocate to the appropriate storage area while ensuring the area is accessible and secure at all time
- Execute stock transfer requests initiated by retail and mobile stores
- Execute special customer shipping requests, determine the method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents
- Assemble merchandise, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems
- Maintain storage area, rotate stock as required, replace and repair damaged packaging
- Ensure upkeep and safety standards are met at all times
- Ensure procedures for damaged goods are maintained
- Provide exceptional customer service to both, internal and external clients
- Identify new opportunities to add value and help others accomplish tasks
- Other assignments as directed by immediate manager or another manager
- Completion of High School
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Strong computer navigation skills
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and climbing on a ladder up to ten (10) feet
- Flexibility to work different shift depending on warehouse requirements
- Experience using equipment such as a dolly, pump trucks, tailgate lift, computer terminal, printer, calculator, photocopier and fax machine is preferred