About the job
To support our global growth, our market research start-up is seeking an experienced Webmaster to manage our digital real estate.
TGM is a global innovative technology-driven market research agency, that delivers consumer insights through surveys. We are one of the fast-growing start-ups in the market research industry and there are plenty of opportunities to grow with us. We have 3 offices and operate worldwide: we conduct projects in 130+ countries and have 85+ TGM proprietary panels.
With the continued growth and success of TGM Research, we are looking for an experienced Webmaster to join our team. The position is for ambitious individuals; for someone who is independent, proactive, results-driven and has a strong background in website management and development.
- Develop and maintain Joomla CMS driven websites and applications, and enhance existing websites to meet business requirements as well aBuild functional and easy-to-use websites.
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot servers.
- Work SEO & marketing teams on on-site optimization and content
- Ensure site security by setting up firewalls and login pages.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity.
- Debug pages and fix broken links or images.s perform webmaster and onsite SEO duties
- Work closely with other teams to develop clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Develop, implement, and support new features across various sites.
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations for each project.
- Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
Required Skills and Background
- Strong Joomla, PHP, Linux server administration background
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related (not required but a plus)
- Minimum 4 years experience in web design, development and server management in a PHP, Linux environment.
- Experience with hardware and software issues in a PHP, Linux environment. Including shared and dedicated management systems.
- Understanding of SEO optimization and security.
- Experience with Open Source CMS such as Joomla, WordPress and Laravel.