COOLA is the quintessential slice of California life. We embody the best parts of living here: a fusion of organic wellness, an outdoor, active lifestyle, and supporting local and diverse communities—passions we want to share with you through our products.
We all try to eat better, live smarter, love more, and be more present and engaged in our experiences. We want you to enjoy every simple, happy moment and feel confident that our products are protecting and improving your skin in the healthiest way possible.
At COOLA, we choose the most innovative, scientifically advanced ingredients that are also as natural, organic, sustainable, and locally sourced as can be.
Our eco-conscious formulas are sourced with a Farm to Face® philosophy, ensuring that we always use the freshest, most potent natural and organic ingredients. We incorporate antioxidant-rich Plant Protection® into our sunscreens, which is a selection of plant-based ingredients including Algae and Red Raspberry Seed Oil that help naturally boost our formulas’ efficacy. This allows us to use fewer traditional—and potentially irritating—sunscreen actives. We also weed out all the stuff you don’t want on your skin or in the environment, like parabens, GMOs, and oxybenzone.
Our dedicated team works out of a collaborative, art-filled office in southern California where we can be true to our mission and lifestyle. We’re committed to giving back at every level—from helping to support a global awareness of skin cancer awareness and treatment around the world while protecting our global greater environment, to support and uplift local communities through how we source our ingredients.
COOLA’s goal is to bring you better products, create a better community, and contribute to developing a better world. All while making you look and feel your natural, radiant best.
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic all-star with at least 5 years of experience supervising AR in a CPG environment. This team player will have a positive and proactive attitude; strong communication skills, both verbal and written; great leadership skills; good attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and problem solve, and the ability to productively collaborate with interoffice teams.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate collection efforts and monitor cashflow.
- Analyze collectability and ADA reserves.
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations Teams to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Process international invoices and prepare monthly VAT reports.
- Research/Trouble-shoot issues with NetSuite and other 3rd party systems.
- Review RA’s and process associated credits.
- Respond to customer communications/requests.
- Reconcile customer accounts.
- Create/update/maintain desktop procedures.
- Work with multiple customer/banking portals to gather payment/remittance information.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and disputes.
- Provide support to team members during busy times.
- Assist with month end close.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience, knowledge and understanding of accounting/finance functions and responsibilities.
- 5 years of experience working in a CPG environment.
- Experience with NetSuite or other mid-tier accounting systems.
- Intermediate excel skills, proficiency in Outlook and Word.
- Ability to take initiative and lead the AR team with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills, research and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people at all levels across the organization.
- Positive, team-oriented, professional, courteous manner and supportive approach to all co-workers and customers.
We are located in sunny Carlsbad, California and operate in a very casual, dog friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. Each person has the authority to manage their own areas of responsibility as well as think broadly and strategically about their projects. As a result, COOLA is much greater than the sum of its parts, and we owe this all to our amazing employees.
You can check the box on the basics:
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Great health insurance
- Dental & Vision
- PTO and paid holidays
- COOLA swag
- Subsidized gym membership
- WIFI/Phone Reimbursement