About the job
Bonhams is looking for an Administrator to join the Whisky and Wine Department based in Hong Kong.
Bonhams is a global auction house with an 18th century heritage poised for transformative change. Our global operations are based in London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong where we sell in over 60 categories, including fine arts, antiques, motor cars, paintings, jewellery, and entertainment memorabilia.
About the team
Bonhams Whisky and Wine departments operate internationally, with sales taking place in London, Paris and Hong Kong, where Bonhams was also the first auction house to hold sales in this category in 2008. Over more than a decade, Bonhams has been a longstanding leader in the worldwide whisky market, having set numerous world records, including the most expensive bottle of Japanese whisky (2020), and the most expensive set of Japanese whisky (2020).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As an Administrator:
– You will be the department’s experienced user of Auctioneer 3, Bonhams’ bespoke Auction Management System and primary business tool.
– You will be responsible for managing clients and their property throughout the sale cycle, including receipting property into A3, generating and issuing consignment contracts, requesting and uploading client details and payment management.
– You will be the Department’s primary contact for a range of external stakeholders ranging from our clients to restorers and suppliers, escalating to your Specialists when required.
– You will help co-ordinate the movement of property throughout the sale cycle, working with regional offices, Shipping, Operations & Photography to ensure efficient and compliant stock transfer.
– You will work with Client Services, Operations and Shipping to support clients with after sale enquiries, including the resolution of payments and arranging shipping quotes for both purchased and unsold lots.
– You will support your Department with preparing valuations, condition reports and condition photography as required.
– As an important part of the Department, you will also support on many day to day auction activities and ensure the Department has all it needs to run smoothly and effectively. Tasks will include responding to client enquiries pre and post sale, bidding and event management.
– Strong time management and organisational ability
– Excellent communication in all modes with both internal and external stakeholders
– Ability to manage workflow and priorities in a fast-moving environment
– A flexible approach and a willingness to support Departments and teams outside of your core responsibilities
– Previous experience in an administrative position (not necessarily from an auction background)
– Private Health Care
– Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
– Learning and Training Assistance Program