About the job
BES is a national non-profit organization that identifies and prepares excellent leaders to transform education in their communities. From school founders and executive directors, to operations leaders, deans of students, and directors of curriculum and instruction, BES trains leaders to build schools, to ensure their schools excel, and to sustain their results over time. Since 1993, BES has prepared leaders to found more than 195 schools in 46 cities across 21 states and Washington, DC, educating more than 63,000 students each year. 82% of these students qualify for free or reduced lunch, and 94% identify as students of color. In all, BES has trained more than 2,500 leaders to found, lead, and grow schools that reflect and respond to the needs of their communities.
BES is looking for an Associate Director of Recruitment to join the Talent & Recruitment team. This person will be an integral member of the BES team, leading recruitment efforts for BES programs, school-based roles, and internal hires. The Associate Director of Recruitment will cultivate and manage relationships with regional and national stakeholders, partner organizations, and candidates to source and cultivate talent for BES, and help design and manage equitable national and regional strategies to ensure the Talent and Recruitment team is meeting organizational goals. The Associate Director of Recruitment supervises the Manager of Recruitment, and reports to the Director of Talent.
The Associate Director of Recruitment will be responsible for:
- Leading Recruitment Efforts: In collaboration with the Director of Talent, lead recruitment efforts for BES (including the BES Fellowship, executive searches, and internal hiring), and design and manage equitable national and regional strategies to ensure the Talent and Recruitment team is meeting organizational goals.
- Relationship Management: Identify and cultivate long-lasting relationships with regional and national partner organizations and connectors to identify prospective candidates for BES. Develop strategies to identify new partner organizations to build a pipeline of talent. Serve as an ambassador for all BES programming.
- Sourcing Talent: Identify and source national talent for BES, including for the BES Fellowship, executive search services, and internal hires, using a variety of sourcing methods, including LinkedIn, online research, event listings, resume books, and other tools and strategies.
- Cultivating Candidates: Cultivate a diverse candidate pool for BES through email and LinkedIn outreach, phone and Zoom meetings, virtual informational sessions, and in-person events and meetings. Build strong and lasting relationships with top talent to drive applications for BES. Support applicants through the application, selection, and matriculation process.
- Event Management: Identify and attend external recruitment events to source and cultivate a diverse talent pool for BES. Plan, execute and present at BES-hosted recruitment events, including virtual information sessions and in-person recruitment events, to identify talent for BES.
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Organizational and Analytical Skills: Organized and detail-oriented with experience using data and information tracking systems to drive results. Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Goal-Driven: Self-starter with the ability to juggle competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, goal and mission-driven environment. Has a track record of meeting goals and deadlines under challenging and ever-changing circumstances.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Skilled at engaging with a variety of stakeholders and crafting a compelling narrative to build relationships and garner buy-in. Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated Commitment to DEI: Has a track record of making commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion in practical, tangible, and results-oriented ways. Demonstrates a willingness to learn about research-based tools and strategies to further BES’s commitment to equitable and anti-racist practices.
- Experience: At least 5-7 years of professional work experience, with at least 3-5 years of direct K-12 recruitment experience required.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Management Experience: At least 2 years in a supervisory role managing others..
- Up to 30% travel (when safe and practical to do so)
- Can be based anywhere in the United States
- BES offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, a 401(k) contribution match, paid time off, paid parental leave, and the ability to work remotely. The 2021-22 salary range for the Associate Director position grade at BES is:
- Starting minimum: $56,250
- Starting maximum: $63,810
- Ceiling: $77,250