Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
About the job
- Classification: Austrade Overseas Performance Level C (AOPL C)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: HKD 500,000 per annum
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is looking for a Business Development Manager, based in Hong Kong. The Business Development Manager (BDM) is key in driving trade opportunities across the priority sector of food and beverage (F&B).
- Deliver high quality and professional services to Australian businesses, including:
– provide advice on market conditions and market entry strategies
– monitor and provide advice on the evolving regulatory environment in Hong Kong
– coordinate visit programs and in-market support in accordance with Austrade’s Client Service Policy (noting that attendance at trade shows, events and venues may have COVID vaccination requirements).
- Build and maintain networks with key HK food and beverage business contacts (across the retail, distribution/importer, e-commerce sectors).
- Build and manage relationships with Australian government agencies and other Australian stakeholders in food and beverage sector.
- Manage the delivery of partnership marketing activity with Hong Kong food and beverage stakeholders, as well as industry groups, brands and exporters from Australia.
- Undertake market research and analysis to identify market trends and existing and emerging business opportunities for Australian companies.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Business Plan for the assigned sector, and achievement of team and individual outcomes.
- Work as part of an Austrade team and maintain Austrade standards and policies, including diversity in the workplace, ethical practice and compliance with audit requirements.
- Actively apply Austrade business practices and maintain accuracy of information in all Austrade Business Systems to deliver accurate and timely reporting and effective relationship management.
- Contribute to knowledge creation within Austrade, by adopting information practices, sharing knowledge and information and by embracing best practice and development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively within the Austrade network to contribute to service delivery and achieve desired outcomes, while upholding the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct and Work Health & Safety (WHS) principles.
For more detailed information please view the Job Information Pack.
To be eligible for consideration and appointment you must have:
- Work Authorisation – to be eligible for employment with Austrade in Hong Kong, candidates must be legally authorised to live and work in Hong Kong at the time of appointment.
- Language – the successful candidate must be a highly motivated team member, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Security Clearance – the successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack and be confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources prior to commencement in the role.