About the job
Position Title: Business Immersion Program
Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells and fiber. It all works together to meet unprecedented demand—connecting people and communities and transforming the way we do business. Whenever you make a call, track a workout or stream music and videos, we’re the ones providing the communications infrastructure that makes it all possible. From 5G and the internet of things to drones, autonomous vehicles and AR/VR, we enable the technologies that help people stay safe, connected and ready for the future. Crown Castle is a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US, with an enterprise value of ~$100B.
We offer a total benefits package and professional growth development for teammates in any stage of their career. Along with caring for our teammates, we’re an active member in the communities where we live, work and do business. We have a responsibility to give back, which we do through our Connected by Good program. Giving back allows us to improve public spaces where people connect, promote public safety and advance access to education and technology.
The Business Immersion Program (BIP) is a full-time, two-year early career program designed to develop economic thinkers who yearn to be part of building the future. We offer teammates the ability to immerse themselves in our unique business model, work on real projects, and grow within our company, all while driving our mission of transforming the way we are all connected. We are seeking candidates who are open to new experiences and eager for opportunities to develop.
You can choose one of four paths that aligns to your educational and personal interests and background: Finance, General, Process & Performance, or Technology & Innovation. Within your preferred path, you will complete three eight-month assignments in our business, with each experience uniquely crafted to enhance personal development and value creation. As you progress through the BIP, you’ll collect skills and experiences that form a strong foundation and accelerate your growth and development in our company. At the conclusion of the program, leaders partner to transition BIP teammates into post program opportunities that align business need, personal development, and individual interest.
- The Finance path provides broad exposure across functions yielding deep understanding of our business model, how we make money, and value creation. With assignments across three distinct teams, you’ll get hands-on, experiential challenges and responsibilities to help develop a vast financial skillset. Upon completion of the program, teammates are prepared to contribute to an assortment of finance roles across the company.
- The General Path provides a holistic view of the company through cross-functional experiences. Participants build business acumen through collaboration within broad disciplines and execution of real-life projects to absorb how we bring possibility to life. After completing the General Path, teammates depart prepared to offer diverse perspectives and solutions to complex business problems.
Process & Performance
- The Process & Performance path equips participants with the skills and knowledge fundamental to driving performance. You’ll have meaningful development opportunities, including customer exposure, project management, and design and delivery of tomorrow’s innovations. At the conclusion of the Process & Performance Path, teammates are prepared to make positive impacts to our infrastructure, customers, and communities we serve.
Tech & Innovation
- The Tech & Innovation path offers a unique experience focused on development of both business and technical capabilities. Participants benefit from a wide scope of experiences, job specific training and diversified technical skills. Graduates of the Tech & Innovation Path are prepared to think critically and unlock innovation that enables the next generation of transformative technologies.
- Embody a growth mindset and embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth and development
- Immerse yourself into each assignment by executing on projects and responsibilities that provide experiential learning and drive value for Crown
- Have the courage to challenge status quo and provide fresh perspectives to business challenges
- Exemplify and demonstrate increased integrity and humility
- Represent Crown Castle via personal and professional actions. Commitment to our culture, and B3 Values: Be Real, Be an Owner, and Be Accountable
- Maintain geographic flexibility in relocating every eight months for a period of two years. Additionally, remain open to relocation upon placement post-BIP
Skills / Abilities
- Action Oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Critical thinking
- Economic thinking
- Effective communication
- Graduated from an accredited institution either in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Candidates will begin employment in the Summer of 2022, and must have obtained a bachelor’s degree prior to start date)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. on a full-time, regular basis without additional sponsorship
- You must be able to re-locate to an assigned location approximately three times over a two-year period
Reports to: Manager, Business Immersion Program
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: This role falls into our hybrid work model working in your assigned office approximately 60% of the time (3 days per week) and where you do your best work 40% (2 days per week). There is an expectation of collaboration with teammates and stakeholders for moments that matter that could require travel.
Additional Information: Crown Castle is a federal contractor, and the COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment by your start date to comply with Executive Order 14042.