About the job
MECURUS is a very early-stage startup that is bringing the fragmented and digital completely untouched market of textile intermediary goods into the digital age. The market has a volume of 900 billion USD annually and is after the Covid pandemic in the urgent need for digital solutions.
MECURUS is building the ecosystem to facilitate the national and very important the international trade. Through our co-founders we are having a network of over 20 offices in the relevant markets, to ensure a smooth and easy fulfillment across countries and boarders. Giving us nice unfair advantage right from the start.
To prepare the launch we are currently looking for a COO. The role will be located in Vietnam, Singapore or Indonesia with frequent traveling in Asia.
We’re looking for a COO to form and guide the initial team. You will setup all processes in regard to the national and international fulfillment, payments, sales and customer services and the long term business strategy.
We’re very keen to showcase to the world what we are capable of – and that’s where you come in.
- The work will focus mostly on greenfield team development and set up of core processes
- In the first phase, you will form a small team of Operations and are also responsible for building a long-term core team.
- You will define the logistic processes, the setup, and the collaboration between our international entities to ensure a smooth launch.
- After the launch you and your team will further customize the development roadmap
- Defining the business strategy and improving the overall funnel by seamless integration of the different work streams and systems.
Our setup combines internal and external providers across multiple countries. So, our ideal candidate is:
- Strong structuring and analytical skills with the ability to set up efficient business processes and manage P&L
- Capable to provide sophisticated reporting’s to major investors
- Willing to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on personality
- Fully proficient in English
- You have gained work experience in a top-tier consulting firm, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity and/or in start-ups or have degree/MBA from a top university
- You work self-driven and self-motivated – but you love to share your knowledge and work within a team