About the job
SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY
CO-OP STUDENT, EVENTS & VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR.
Sick Kids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost pediatric health- care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing your authentic self is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices, and behaviours, to build skills, knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible, and positive working environment.
For further information on SickKids Foundation’s commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2021, SickKids Foundation raised $170 million in child health research, learning and care. We’re winning, because every day we continue to fight, and we’re committed to attracting to our team other passionate individuals who will contribute to our goal of making every kid a healthy kid. It is within this context that SickKids Foundation welcomes applications for the role of Co-op Student, Events & Volunteer Engagement Administrator.
Co-op Placement Full-time Unpaid (4 months)
Co-op students are reimbursed for business related expenses up to $500 a month during the term of your placement.
Extension with a two-month Full-time Paid Internship
Coop Placement: April 4 – August 31, 2022
Paid Internship: September 1, 2022 – October 28, 2022
Description Of The Position
As a member of the HR & Volunteer Engagement Team, the Co-op Student, Events & Volunteer Engagement Administrator will provide vital support to a variety of Volunteer Programs and Administrative activities while demonstrating a superior level of customer service skills. The Co-op Student, Events & Volunteer Engagement Administrator will take a lead role to help with the recruitment, screening, onboarding, and training of volunteers for the large-scale in-person event known as GetLoud and oversee the day-to-day activities for this key initiative.
- Assist/lead all activities related to the SickKids Foundation’s annual signature events known as “Scrubs in the City” in June and “GetLoud” in October which includes preparing position descriptions, frontline communication with volunteers (via phone and email); end-to-end recruitment and selection activities of volunteers, as well as ongoing training of volunteers for the duration of the program;
- Assist/lead in the execution of the events, coordinating and overseeing the activities of volunteers on event days;
- Support the HR team on a variety of projects including best practice research, recruitment support, and other ad hoc HR tasks;
- Update and maintain database management software for volunteers to ensure data integrity and provide administrative support;
- Assist with additional office duties, event opportunities, and projects as assigned.
While we know that for any job posting no one candidate will possess the qualifications being sought in equal measure, below is an outline of the qualifications we believe are important for a candidate to bring to the position or for the successful candidate to develop while in the role:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably in events management, human resources, fundraising, or community development;
- Must be enrolled in a program with co-op requirement;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite with strong aptitude in Excel);
- Demonstrate high level of discretion, tact, diplomacy, and attention to detail;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Eager to provide superior customer service skills;
- Ability to constantly re-prioritize work in a fast-paced, service- oriented environment;
- Demonstrated history of past volunteer experience is an asset;
- Excellent at time management and organizational skills; and a team player.
We’re looking for a passionate individual who is interested in moving the dial and making a difference. We are an environment that looks to attract hardworking and committed people, people who are looking to challenge themselves and grow with a globally recognized brand that continues to change the world. If this describes you, consider joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HOURS: 35 Hours – work week, flexible work arrangements are available; Occasional evening and weekend work required.