Communications Manager, Partner (Employee) Engagement (1 year contract)
Now Brewing! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Our Global Communications team serves as an advocate to protect and enhance brand perceptions. As part of that role, we’re responsible for developing and executing global PR strategies that ladder up to enterprise priorities, through the lens of our partners (employees) and we are passionate about what we do and how we show up, every day.
We are looking for a candidate to join our efforts by leading and implementing a partner-facing communications strategy that drives employer brand reputation. This role requires an ability to navigate a global business with creativity and flexibility as well as manage deadlines and bring others along. Communicators with experience in both internal and external communications, labour relations, and corporate storytelling, leader communications and those with a proven track record for being a connector of people and ideas are encouraged to apply.
As a Manager, Communications you will…
- Lead and implement fully integrated campaigns and narratives for internal audiences, in partnership with a strong team of internal partners and program leads focused on partner (employee) engagement
- Drive long and short-term communications planning and work closely with brand and retail communications leads
- Support retail leaders through active listening and feedback loops
- Lead reactive and proactive communications for partner- (employee) related issues
- Be a creative, innovative thinker with the ability to develop unique programming and compelling storytelling that drives results.
We’d Love To Hear From People Who
- Demonstrate experience in employee and labour relations communications
- Develop strategic and operational communications plans for the group, manage execution, and measure results
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, agencies and partners across the organization
- Apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Evaluate processes, designs and implements improvements
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.