Go1’s mission is to unlock positive potential through a love for learning. We provide adult-learning across multiple sectors, and under our Education Changemakers (EC) arm provide professional development to teachers and school leaders across the world. In our K-12 work we are committed to changing the way teachers and schools learn, and driving powerful outcomes for students.
The Role In a Sentence
You will be responsible for growing the Australian educator community who are accessing our K-12 online learning platform.
In this role your average week may be broken up into:
- Hosting our podcast and synchronous online events for educators.
- Developing and deploying social media and newsletter communications to our community of educators.
- Growing our community of educators and helping more schools to learn about the platform.
- Organising and running in-person events for Australian educators.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a passion for K-12 education and have either worked in the sector as an educator, or have worked in ed-tech
- You are able to talk with a teacher or school leader and empathise with and understand their work
- You are a brilliant organiser
- You can coordinate an in-person event for 500 people, get a podcast episode produced and live, and roll out a social media campaign for new content that we are taking live on the platform
- You are charismatic and can inspire and motivate our community, be it in a podcast episode you record on your laptop, from the stage at an education event or through your writing
- You are autonomous, a self- starter and are able to be the first community manager in the K-12 team.
- You will be able to come into the entrepreneurial EC team and quickly take charge of the community work and draw on wider Go1 processes to do this well.
What it is like to be a member of the K-12 team at Go1?
- While we train you, very quickly you will need to be operating autonomously to a very high standard.
- You will often find yourself out of your comfort zone and need to be resilient and a quick thinker.
- We are a team of high performers and get lots of great work done quickly. Some find the pace is not for them.
- It is fun being in the Education Changemakers team within Go1! You work with really smart people, the work is diverse and the culture is great
- The work we are doing is changing the world. We know the more we can support teachers, the better they can teach and
- the more lives changed
What makes Go1 special? Every one of our employees. When we work together, extraordinary things happen! When you join the Go1 team, you not only get to work with an outstanding bunch of people, but you’re also supported to continue your own personal growth and development in an inclusive and flexible environment, with benefits including:
- Flexible work options – we value work life balance
- Unlimited access to the Go1 Learning Hub
- Financial support for professional development
- 10 weeks full pay Primary Carer Parental Leave
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free on-site weekly lunch and more