About the job
The Community Manager is responsible for overseeing, under the supervision of the Regional Supervisor, the entire operations of a student housing community. As a Community Manager you will manage all phases of the operations, including personnel, leasing, maintenance, financial, administration & risk management. As an onsite leader you will supervise all aspects of the property and staff to ensure compliance with Asset’s policies and procedures, safety and fair housing guidelines and liability concerns.
- Use consistent techniques & co mpany directives to screen, hire, train, coach and develop on-site staff
- Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with Asset training benchmarks
- Complete weekly/daily office & maintenance staff schedules and assignments
- Deal effectively and consistently with performance problems; document adequately, communicate with direct supervisor and HR, and terminate appropriately when necessary
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with Company policies and procedures
- Achieve highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue & leasing improvement; identify trends and recommend strategies and adjustments
- Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of deposits, rent collections and charges to ensure submitted on a timely basis
- Monitor the timely receipt, reconciliation and coding of all vendor invoices
- Ensure property close out is completed on time and ownership financial reports are accurate
Strategic Leasing Management
- Develop yearly marketing plan and utilize marketing strategies & systems
- Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure, follow up procedures met, signing/documentation of leases and reporting systems are accurate and up to date
- Deal with resident complaints, concerns, and requests to ensure resident satisfaction
- Develop and implement resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
Administrative & Maintenance Management
- Ensure all administrative & leasing reporting is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis
- Will head emergency team for property; ensures proper response and handling of all property emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liability
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness of maintenance staff
- Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis (this requires regular property inspections and tours)
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e. obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
- Give direction to and monitor maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation activities to ensure quality and expediency (i.e. “walk” units to ensure make-ready and work orders are completed)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred or 4 years’ experience in student housing industry; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have reliable transportation due to the emergency on-call requirement.
Additional Information This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.