You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of the Colleague Experience Group we strive to provide a great colleague experience every day. We obsess over understanding the colleague experience at a deeper level to co-create simple and great ways of working that enable everyone to be and deliver their best. We make a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone recording consistent problem areas. Customer service is the primary function, but may include minimal selling or promotion of products or services. Calls are predominantly routine, but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures. Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. Requires general knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services. May assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services. May assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services. May be linked to incentive plans in some countries.
Meaningful, rewarding work performed with integrity
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Deliver world-class customer service, while responding to Customer inquiries and concerns via telephone call channel
- Build meaningful relationships with our Customers through a consultative approach, understanding their current and future needs, providing first contact resolution and negotiating a positive outcome for the Customer and American Express
- Enhance our customers’ experience by identifying opportunities to offer products based on our Cardmembers’ needs
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Navigate computer systems and applications to service our Customers, and enable them to get the most from our online and mobile platforms
- Document necessary information, such as payment details, Customers change of details, change of address and travel notifications
- Re-prioritize and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- At least 2 years of customer service experience in a contact center environment with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation
- Demonstrated consultative experience, ability to influence, resourceful
- Creative problem-solving, eager to find customized solutions
- Experience in banking/financial services a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree and college undergrads may apply
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations