Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: London, UK; Manchester, UK.
About The Job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective, existing customers, and partners to understand the power of Google Cloud to develop creative cloud solutions, architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Provide recommend migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools, and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a solution using Google Cloud.
- Assist in helping and inspiring customers/peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions leveraging a set of technical competences.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Experience leading cloud transformations in enterprise financial services organizations.
- Experience driving design decisions.
- Experience creating designs across various cross-functional domains.
- Experience in the technology industry or in a specialist area of technology.
- Experience in advanced areas of networking including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, virtual private networks, and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms and technical concepts such as big data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and related industry topics.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .