We seek a highly motivated candidate to conduct due diligence to assess our clients’ actual or potential counter parties and provide research, data, and analysis to help clients better understand, quantify, and manage their China risk. Effective critical thinking and relevant experience in compliance, regulatory affairs, risk, or financial statement analysis is a must. Candidates who have a degree or work experience with a regional focus on China or East Asia are preferred. Reading proficiency in Chinese is desired, but not required.
- Conduct media research; work with databases, financial documents, primary documents, and other sources.
- Make sense of complex corporate structures, uncover reputational or criminal issues, and identify possible political and sanctions exposure for American companies operating in China.
- Organize large amounts of data. Experience with web scraping, databases, or index models is a plus.
- Assist the Director of Research and CEO with various other research tasks as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree required.
- Knowledge of research techniques, databases, networks, online registers and archives, as well as research using general Internet search engines.
- Strong understanding of China and the private sector.
- Strong English-language writing and communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Related work experience is desirable but not required.
- Outstanding research and writing skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience living, working or studying in China.
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and G Suite.
The Due Diligence Research Analyst role is a full-time paid position. The start date of this role is immediate. This is a remote position with flexible scheduling. This job description intends to describe the general nature of the job and does not represent that all individuals who hold the position will perform all duties set forth above. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample.