A career at PwC is more than “just” a job. It’s about being part of a purpose-led firm that builds trust in society and solve important problems. We help our clients to make informed decisions and operate effectively within them. At PwC, we are committed to making a difference for each other, our clients, and our community — by empowering you to be the best version of yourself and investing in your growth. You’ll be able to develop as a leader, be well-connected, work in a great environment, explore our benefits and make a positive contribution.
With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful career while being supported by a strong coaching and people-oriented culture, our Flex policies (Flex Space, Flex Dress and Flex Time), innovative learning and development programs (training programs, digital upscaling) as well as mobility opportunities. If you would like to be connected to like-minded individuals outside of work, we highly encourage you to be part of our people clubs and committees such as the Sports and Recreational Club, Toastmasters Club and more!
Our Reward & Performance team
We are a new and growing team that sits as part of a strategic alliance of Global Mobility Services (“GMS”) practices formed under a single management team, covering China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
A career in our Reward & Performance practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing reward strategies, and improving human capital operations.
Our team helps organisations set their reward strategies through analysis of strategic intent and contemporary best practice, industry benchmarks, company policies and culture, and employee performance. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients determine their reward and performance structures to ensure they are truly fit for purpose.
How will you value-add?
As a team, we provide specialist advice to organisations to enable them to design, implement and operate their reward programmes as part of their strategic people agenda. We advise a range of local, regional and global clients on all aspects of reward strategy, underlying compliance and governance in many areas of business-driven HR programs.
You should be interested in building and showcasing your skillset within the following areas:
- Reward strategy
- Executive reward
- Performance Management solutions and best practice
- Compensation & Benefits solutions
- Short and Long Term Incentives
- Data driven solutions, People Analytics and Total Reward Optimisation
- Career Frameworks
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Your profile will likely include:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the area of reward & performance or executive reward
- Proven analytical experience; financial modelling and quantitative analysis with strong numerical and excel skills
- A strong consulting mindset and the ability to identity, connect with and apply your experience to our clients challenges. Prior experience in a consulting role is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication and portfolio management skills
- Being a team player, keen learner and someone who wants to contribute to our growing business from day one
- The ability to thrive on challenges in a very fast-paced environment where quality and speed are of essence
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role.