Gilmour Space Technologies
About the job
All Orbits, All Planets -Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid
propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a GNC Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You
will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing
change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Proudly working and contributing to an Australian owned rocket launch company.
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven to become the largest sovereign space employer in Australia.
- Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, and cognitive diversity, bringing your new bold ideas and being a part of Australia’s space history.
- Thrive and expand your skills and knowledge in an innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting
and innovative things to do.
- Develop innovative Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems for launch vehicles. Support flight software qualification testing.
- Perform testing and analysis of GNC software, including hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) testing, Monte Carlo analysis and integration testing and unit testing.
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will meet system and subsystem requirements.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary launch vehicle trade-study investigations and design studies that define launch vehicle requirements and system architectures.
- Develop 6-DOF dynamics simulation models used for GNC systems analysis and validation.
- Analyse launch vehicle trajectories, flight stability and performance dispersions.
- Support post flight data review and analyses for the continuous improvement of predictions.
- Support launch vehicle ground test, launch and mission operations.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers, where appropriate.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree.
- 3+ years’ experience with the design, implementation and test of GNC algorithms.
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recogniseyou may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always
looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to
- Proficient in MATLAB, SIMULINK and C++ software development.
- Enjoy working with your hands to create quality results
- Demonstrated experience with developing and tuning GNC algorithms.
- Experience with control systems, orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors and actuators, modelling and simulation.
- Hard worker who enjoys contributing to team goals
- Ability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision, as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement and environmental management.
- Demonstrates leadership, teamwork and conflict resolution skills