Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
The Head of Data Sciences and Analytics will drive analytical leadership for Giant Tiger Digital and be responsible for driving data-based decision making and optimizations for the digital platforms, supply chain and customer base. This individual will also be responsible for our data platform roadmap and health, as well as overseeing Data Science and Machine Learning capabilities to drive cost savings, conversion opportunities, and operating efficiencies. Additionally, they will be responsible for strategic reporting and analysis within the business to prioritize opportunities and to track benefits.
Given the highly strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, successful applicants will possess a combination of structured strategic thinking, exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, strong analytical ability and a passion for new ideas.
Head of Analytics and Data Sciences; Role Highlights
- The Head of Data Sciences and Analytics will be responsible for driving data-based decision making and optimizations for the digital platforms, overall customer base in an agile fast-paced environment.
- This individual will also be responsible for the data platform roadmap/execution and will oversee Data Science and Machine Learning capabilities to drive cost savings, conversion opportunities, and operating efficiencies.
- Additionally, they will be responsible for strategic reporting and analysis to prioritize opportunities and track benefits while ensuring the tools and analytical expertise are embedded across the organization.
- This individual stays informed of industry trends and best practices for current products to shape how to go about meeting business needs while performing research and providing recommendations for enhancements to current suite of products.
- This leader will build a world-class analytical and data science practice to support all customer data needs within the Giant Tiger organization while ensuring a deep understanding of the digital platforms.
- In a highly strategic and cross-functional role, the leader will possess a combination of structured strategic thinking, exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, strong analytical ability and a passion for new ideas.
Head of Data Sciences and Analytics; Key Qualifications
- 8+ years experience working in a quantitative role ideally in a retail company
- 3+ years of experience managing a data team
- Ability to understand the impact that data, reporting, analytics and data sciences can have on the performance of an organization
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Post-secondary education is required
- Experience with AI/ML
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Segment and Looker
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.