About the job
We are currently looking for a Head of Design who provides our organisation with the development of our organisation’s physical design – interior and exterior design of the buildings, provide architectural advice on hotels development projects and ensuring the design standards are incorporated and implemented across all projects at all times. The head of design will also establish processes and practices for realizing that vision, and set the bar for quality. They contribute to the development of brand definition and experience principles, and ensure that those are appropriately interpreted through the team’s work.
- Lead and guide the team of inhouse designers (Interior and architectural) as well as our consultants.
- Coordinate and work closely with consultants, building operators and other relevant parties during all stages of the projects to monitor the established design schedule and work progress are executed on time and within budget.
- Drive innovative designs that complement our design standard and meet the expectation of guest comfort, safety and service in all guest contact areas. Keep abreast of development in relevant industries and apply new ideas and concepts. Update and amend approved changes to our design standards on a regular basis.
- Conduct budget review, prepare cost projections, verify calculation and schedules payment of funds.
Skills and experience
- Master Degree in Architecture with minimum of 20 years’ relevant experience and at least 5 years in senior managerial capacity.
- Experience in managing multiple luxury hotels or large-scale development projects from conceptual design to completion. Working experiences in China is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate ideas verbally, in writing and drawing. Fluency in Mandarin would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership, ability to work in a competitive environment with challenging targets and timelines, oversee the team and monitor consultants to achieve deliverables.