GLG’s Intern role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm.
Full Job Description
GLG Research Interns will also work on customized projects and requests from their assigned Research team, which may include conducting web-based research on important news stories for a practice area, compiling statistical data on network composition and recruiting efforts, identifying executives in transition, assisting with data management efforts, responding to expert inquiries, and reviving relationships with experts whose activity with GLG has lapsed.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Conduct industry research and reach out to professionals and experts best suited to participate in each project through telephone, emails and other channels.
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders utilizing a strategic/tactical methodology, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships.
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems.
- Work on other projects associated with building the GLG Council Network in SEA.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in Mandarin is required to communicate with Mandarin-speaking external stakeholders.
- Looking for an immediate intern; Current university student or graduates/post graduates.
- Candidates who could commit 5 days a week for at least 3 months to 5 months will be preferred.
- Be thorough and have good attention to detail.
- Enjoy multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to work outside of a traditional office environment.
- Experience in relevant research industry, marketing research, recruiting or consulting will be a plus.