About the job
SkipTheDishes is a fast-growing technology and food delivery company based in Winnipeg and a subsidiary of Just Eat Takeaway., a public company headquartered and listed in the Netherlands.
Attention-to-detail: high. Thought process: analytical. Intended result: a prosperous future — for you and Skip. You will work alongside business leaders to document, analyze, and test internal controls. Your support of the business will lead to Skip’s compliance with SOx.
Skip is seeking a senior internal controls officer with a CPA designation and experience documenting and testing business controls. Reporting to the Manager of Internal Controls & Compliance.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) relating to public company control frameworks including SOx or COSO knowledge is an asset.
- Developing and implementing business controls related to financial systems.
- Working with business and finance teams to establish controls through the learning of processes.
- Preparation and review of regulatory and compliance reporting to various government bodies.
- Organizational change management experience is an asset
- The senior internal controls officer will work closely with the global risk and controls team.
Recipe For Success:
- Must have a CPA designation.
- 3+ years of previous audit experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to collaborate with other departments and recommend control and process improvements.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
What’s It Like To Work At Skip:
Picture this: You, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a diverse team of friendly and passionate colleagues. Where we work to make sure all voices are heard, all differences valued, all people are treated fairly. You take pride in knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a national food delivery platform with deep Canadian roots and its satisfied customers.
As the company grows, so do you — not only do you meet and surpass new challenges every day, but you have the opportunity to get involved, making a real difference in your and Skip’s future. With committees like Skip’s BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Network and Women In Tech alongside our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work with organizations like Pride and United Way Winnipeg, you have the opportunity for not only your voice to be heard but for your actions to make an impact, joining a cause that you’re passionate about.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic environment, we’d love to hear from you.