We are SellerX and have an ambitious goal: To become a leading global acquirer and operator of a new generation of eCommerce businesses. We are one of Europe’s fastest growing start-ups and have raised ~€225M from top- tier VC and PE funds, including L Catterton, 83North, Cherry Ventures, Felix Capital and Sofina towards this goal. Within 12 months, we have grown to a team of 250 talents and operate offices in Berlin, London, Miami and Shenzhen.
Who are you?
- Are you more entrepreneurial than your peers?
- Are you an inspiring entrepreneur who wants to be on the main floor of one of Europe’s fastest-growing start- ups and build something massive?
- Are you tired of rigid processes and bureaucratic workplaces?
- Are you a fast learner who wants to accelerate your knowledge of the investment and eCommerce industry?
If these questions resonate with you, we like to encourage you to join the SellerX Investment Team.
- Conduct financial and commercial due diligence (push workstreams, create financial models, write investment memos, etc.) to support decision making
- Support the team with client meeting preparation and follow-up work
- Propose deals during our internal pipeline review meetings
- Interact with Sellers (build presentations, chase down clients, flag Investment Managers for difficult negotiation conversations)
Expectations of you and of ourselves. Investment Analysts are:
- Reliable and Curious Business Professionals: While it is not required for Analysts to have previous experience working in e-commerce or M&A, we expect Analysts to feel comfortable working in Excel/PowerPoint and to be hungry to learn the industry quickly. Analysts will develop commercial and technical expertise through hands-on project deals with limited supervision. We have a team of top-notch Investment Associates and Investment Managers who will support Analysts’
- Pro-active Owners. When Analysts join, we expect them to take ownership while also receiving guidance and instructions on tasks. Within three months of joining, we anticipate Analysts will work on tasks independently, challenge processes, and make suggestions for improvements. Successful Analysts will feel comfortable driving their development by seeking peer and managerial
- Seller-centric Servicer. It is not required to have had previous experience in a client-facing role, but Analysts should have the potential to own client relationships. Beyond the necessary communication skills, Analysts will research Seller businesses, prepare meeting agendas, and learn how to ask pertinent questions to Analysts should hold themselves to the highest professional services standards.
- Analytical, resourceful, and agile Problem-solver. Analysts need to have the fundamental analytical chops of those within a traditional investment banking, PE, or consulting However, as a start-up, we have fewer resources and therefore, require Analysts to be resourceful and agile.
- Prime Deliverers. Just like our friends at Amazon, we want our team to deliver results efficiently, effectively, and consistently. As an Analyst, we are hiring you mostly for your potential. Therefore, to be successful, you will need to clarify assignments, structure tasks, and set appropriate expectations of when you can deliver results.
- Strong Communicators, Stronger Listeners. As a rapidly growing start-up, we are all figuring things out together. We have limited documentation and established processes, so it is important for Analysts to ask questions, listen to other’s perspectives, and document their learnings to share with
- Team-players. Yes, this is on almost every job description, but we care a lot about this. We are a fierce and results-driven team but believe that winning is more fun
- Fluent Mandarin and professional level English speaker
- Minimum 6 months of investment or banking experience
- Knowledge or interest in E-Commerce
At SellerX we value a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe it is the key to innovation and happy employees. SellerX is committed to providing an open, friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for every employee. We are delighted to receive applications from diverse candidates including gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, and religious beliefs.
SellerX does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, SellerX employees or any other organization location. SellerX will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.