LOCATION: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
TYPE: Full-time (given the current pandemic situation, all roles will be working remotely from home until further notice)
Go-Ventures is a venture capital fund that aims to invest in early-stage companies with demonstrated traction in their target markets.
We aim to support, promote, and expand technology ecosystems and in turn improve the lives of citizens in emerging markets. The fund is backed by several notable global investors – its cornerstone investor is GoTo, a leading Southeast Asian technology company.
Go-Ventures focuses on Series A and B investments, in companies operating or planning to expand to Southeast Asia.
1. Deal Review and Sourcing
– Conduct research and comparative analysis on markets, sectors, companies, and
other investment topics and opportunities.
– Actively source new investment opportunities on LinkedIn and external network,
screen pitch decks, and meeting potential companies.
– Conduct due diligence on investment opportunities and provide support in
performing financial analysis, modelling, valuation, and return analysis in the form of
investment memos and other key deliverables.
– Present analysis and research findings during weekly team discussions and
proactively follow-up with actionable plans.
2. Portfolio Management
– Participate in regular cadence with portfolio companies, which may include identifying key business objectives and focus areas, formulating growth strategies, and capturing market opportunities.
– Provide necessary support for portfolio companies when required on fundraising activities, corporate strategy, business development, product and technology advising, hiring, etc.
3. Internal Support
– Provide support in preparing key investor deliverables such as quarterly updates, Annual General Meeting materials, and other internal materials.
– Actively update and maintain internal dashboard for deal management, portfolio metrics tracking, and reporting purposes.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
– Ideally have 2 years work experience within a Product Management or Growth role at a technology company/start-up, Consulting, VC/PE, Investment Banking, or Corporate Finance/Strategy.
– Work experience in a technology start-up/company is a plus.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
– Familiarity in financial analysis, financial modelling, market analysis, investment concepts, and industry research.
– Strong analytical skills and comfortable in dealing with numerical data.
– Ability to network and build new relationships.
– Highly self-driven, motivated, and curious, with the ability to balance multiple tasks while performing collaboratively.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders across various backgrounds and skill levels.