The Company: Our client is a high profile and well-known travel/tourist sector leader in Asia and well established as a digital/online / tech / eCommerce business. All their products and services are accessed online as well as all marketing campaigns are delivered digitally. For a confidential chat about this rare opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Data comes under the Digital business unit which is responsible for spearheading digital transformation across group. Group Data works on business and operations problems across all entities in the Group. Key problems we solve include improving revenue and reducing costs through large-scale data federation, predictive and prescriptive analytics, state-of-the-art machine/deep learning, intelligent scheduling and optimization, and other advanced techniques. Group Data is also responsible for the data lakes across all our businesses, deriving insights and value from them and sharing them back with the
businesses. In addition, Group Data also actively participates in innovation and training in the Academy as well as collaboration with strategic partners like Google, GE, Airbus, and academia.
Here’s what an ordinary day looks like:
- You will develop, train, implement models that significantly impact the field of data science and data analytics in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision (Image and Video), audio/voice processing, etc.
- You will design and develop AI-related prototypes, POCs, programs, applications, reports, dashboards, etc., and deliver solutions that directly provide value to the business.
- Work on improvement of models and algorithms to further optimize business outcomes, especially in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision (Image and Video), audio/voice processing, etc.
- Collaborate and work across functional and multidisciplinary teams (including Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Developers, various stakeholders, etc.) in a dynamic environment to develop an understanding of evolving/agile business needs.
- Formulate hypotheses, and design and develop corresponding necessary measures, systems, simulations, and experiments in order to validate the hypotheses.
You got to have these to carry out the job:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, IT, Statistics, AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Analytics, etc.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience beyond the first degree.
- Must have strong skills, knowledge and experience in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, audio/voice processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc.
- Strong domain knowledge in natural language, image, video and audio processing and feature extraction and feature engineering in the aforementioned domains.
- Must have successfully completed large-scale industrial projects in the above areas.
- Sentiment analysis, text analysis, voice-driven applications, chat bots, image analytics, video analytics, audio analytics, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL, and experience with NoSQL databases.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision tree, and different kinds of Machine Learning objectives such as supervised learning (classification, regression, etc.), unsupervised learning, semi-supervised learning and reinforcement learning, and Deep Learning.
- Good applied statistical knowledge with emphasis in AI-related and finance/business-related statistical distributions, statistical testing, modeling, regression analysis, etc.
- Strong understanding of linear algebra, optimization, objective functions, etc.
- Have completed successful large-scale projects using Python and its corresponding Data Science, Machine Learning and Deep Learning ecosystem of libraries or frameworks including Scikit-Learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- High performance programming languages such as C and C++, and combining Python and C/C++ (embedding Python in C/C++, and programming libraries in C/C++ and calling from Python).
- Experience with code versioning, code review and documentation.
- Experience using cloud platform products and services.
- Good working knowledge of productivity tools such as G Suite, Git, Jira, Confluence.
This job is ideal if you have:
- Strong software engineering and development skills, knowledge, experience and background.
- Experience writing clean and well-engineered code for containerised applications to handover to other teams.
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform products and services (such as BigQuery and App Engine, AI Platform, Cloud Big Table, Cloud Firestore, Cloud Run and Kubernetes Engine) and Google Data Studio.
- Programming to create SDKs, APIs, microservices, etc