About the job
First, the important stuff
We have up to £80,000 GBP per annum for this role depending on experience.
We are a remote first company, with occasional visits required to client sites, or our offices in either London, UK and Avellino, Italy.
English is our official working language. You can choose to be “based” in either location (for tax purposes; residency permitting).
We meet regularly for socials, and provide flexible access to co-working spaces as needed.
We fund personal development through training and conferences.
We celebrate our Italian heritage with a paid-for, annual company retreat in Avellino, Italy.
We are flexible about working hours, and strive to support our teams to operate effectively and sustainably both at home and work.
About the role
Rollstudio is an indie design company that helps distinguished, traditional brands to modernize. We deliver crafted technical solutions for business-critical functions that impact millions of users.
Those solutions span a variety of technologies — some of which you will know and others that will present an entirely new challenge. As the Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the delivery of fresh ideas and the quality of our execution in the face of complex problems, new and old.
We are looking for an expert-level developer to join our team.
Somebody with an eclectic mix of experience across web, apps, and experiential, undaunted by working on the bleeding edge of creative technology, or managing a team of less experienced colleagues.
As a senior member of a small team, your impact will be far-reaching:
- Your biggest impact will be an unshakable commitment to evolving Roll Studio and our client organizations through a positive approach to learning and development, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software; sometimes hands-on and sometimes as more of a technical architect.
- You will build a team and motivating culture, inspired by our commitment to producing high-quality code and elegantly performant,user-focused digital experiences. Coaching and supporting the team to use best practices and approaches.
We will assess your application against the following criteria:
- Professional experience in at least 2 modern programming languages
- Experience in working directly with clients/customers and users
- Written code with test-driven development
- Worked with native app development on Swift, Java, iOS, and Android
- Worked with a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Worked with building tools such as Webpack, Post-CSS, Babel
- Examples of leadership / mentoring / coaching others
- Examples of self-development
- Worked with APIs
- Worked with databases
- Successes delivering outcomes for clients/users
- Empathy and people skills