Grant Thornton International Ltd
About the job
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading professional services networks with member firms in over 130 countries, 62,000 people and global revenues of $6.6bn. Member firms offer audit, tax, and advisory services to privately owned companies, publicly listed companies, public sector and not for profit organisations, both domestically and internationally.
Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL) is the umbrella legal entity for the Grant Thornton global network of member firms. GTIL sets the strategic direction, convenes member firms, connects global communities, and protects the brand and reputation of the network. GTIL and the member firms will continually improve the sustainability of their operations and strive to make a positive impact on clients, people, markets, and the communities in which we operate, in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In our Go Beyond network strategy 2025 our vision is to become ‘the most valued network in the profession’. This role is at the heart of delivering that purpose and strategy, by leading the activation of our Go Beyond brand.
Go Beyond launched internally in 2021 and sits at the heart of our global network to inspire everything we say and do. It is what we want to stand for in people’s minds, who we are, and what makes us different. Go Beyond is how we have always done business – it captures our genuine commitment to our clients, our people and the many different communities within which we operate.
At Grant Thornton, we are empathetic & collaborative, agile in scale, open-minded, progressive and focused on delivering quality. By 2025 we want to be famous for the Go Beyond experience.
The person in this role will work to grow and protect the Go Beyond brand, bringing it to life by supporting the development of innovative creative expressions within our member firms and championing these to the wider network.
This is a virtual working role. We welcome applications from all locations globally.
Brand Community leadership
- Lead, leverage and inspire our global brand community (Brand Champions, Senior Brand Leaders, regional teams). Set the strategic agenda for our regular interactions and communications with this growing community.
- Identify and execute ways of driving an ethos of sharing, collaborating and learning from best practice; seek opportunities to grow and protect the brand from what you see across the network
- Seek out and develop opportunities to co-create with member firms
- Respond to local member firm brand enquiries and feedback. Understand & anticipate their needs, building the right tools and templates to respond to those needs.
- Own and lead on developing a strategy for measuring the strength and equity of Go Beyond
- Responsibility for confidently presenting insights that help both member firms and GTIL make the right brand choices & plans for a positive commercial outcome
Internal Brand Engagement
- Conceptualise, develop and deliver materials for internal activation and engagement around the brand strategy and network culture charter
- Project manage the digital evolution of our visual identity and guide member firms and cross-functional teams in working with new assets and templates
- Manage and protect other elements of our brand’s visual identity including naming, brand architecture, tools and templates
- Globalise member firm assets, as appropriate, for network-wide use
- Management of our Digital Asset Management system, BrandCentral.
- Strategise and deliver practical solutions for driving a flexible but consistent brand position across our network
- Protect our iconic assets and sacred elements, whilst supporting member firms in creating communications that have local relevancy and fit
- Oversee a regular, channel-specific brand audit process, flagging non compliance
- Continuously review our guidelines and uphold the brand standards we expect across the network
We are looking for someone who is from a brand background and is both creative and commercially minded. You need to be comfortable working with a broad range of stakeholders and adept at project management. International experience or time spent previously in a global role is a prerequisite for success.
Experience – essential
- Proven experience of brand management and governance
- Worked in an international or global context, particularly in a matrixed environment and/or franchise style business structure
- Proven track record in project management
- Strong relationship skills and cultural awareness, the ability to work well with people from different disciplines and cultures.
- Ability to be agile, respond positively to change and contribute with an innovative and global mindset.
- Must thrive in a virtual environment as part of a globally dispersed team.